forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: The Smart Festival Saturday 10th September 2011 (date confirmed)  (Read 87647 times)

LadyV

Re: The Smart Festival Saturday 10th September 2011 (date confirmed)
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2011, 05:50:47 PM »

Hi,

Just to update everyone- I have managed to establish that I had more days holiday from work that originally anticipated so I have booked the 10th off (it helps that it's at the end of my shift so I get 5 days off rather than 4!).

Both Fox and I have registered but will give the competitions a miss this year- as mentioned previously.

With regards to meeting up- we may choose to start from Croydon as usual as they do have some competitions beforehand- plus they have a little registration pack, and it's nice to meet up with a few local Smart drivers. This does of course depend on the timing as last year they were particularly slow so we ended up leaving before the convoy to the festival as we were in the competitions.

Last year a lot of us met up after the festival at the following pub: http://www.handandspear.co.uk/ it's really close to Brooklands and easy to get to with free parking.

If anyone else is up for this idea after the festival, please let me know. Alternatively if you would like me to look into a different pub, please also let me know.
I will need to reserve us at the pub so the sooner I have numbers the better. Also as per last year, it's easier for the chef at the pub to know what we want to eat beforehand so they can prepare our meals in advance.

I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on the above :)

Baggy

• xx Heart now pounding to a Forfour Brabus xx
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2011, 07:39:57 PM »

I've  arranged to stay over in windsor again the Friday night  at hubbys cousins so to get there really early again  in the morning .... I'm not sure about staying after yet as we may be driving straight back home *oop norf*
will let you know nearer the time V
xox
xx Heart 'was' beating with a 454 Pulse xx
    Now it's really poundin' with a 454 Brab !

LadyV

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2011, 08:32:15 PM »

I've  arranged to stay over in windsor again the Friday night  at hubbys cousins so to get there really early again  in the morning .... I'm not sure about staying after yet as we may be driving straight back home *oop norf*
will let you know nearer the time V
xox

No problem, we have plenty of time - but as soon as would be great :) Looking forward to seeing you all! :D

Bugsy

• Cheshire
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2011, 11:06:18 PM »

Aw damn, i'd love to come along to this but all going to plan I should be somewhere in the alps heading home for the sunday!
Next year though! :)

ForFour Passion 1.3

QuBall42

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2011, 04:38:51 PM »

Well I suppose I'd better make the effort  ;) I've registered both the Forfour and the Fortwo(s) so as long as you all don't mind a Fortwo tagging along at the back of the Forfour parade we'll see you at Tesco's. Can't be bothered with the comps this year for reasons that a few know about  ::)

LadyV - We had a great time at the pub last year so Chris and I would be up for a meet afterwards.

mr singh

• Global Moderator
  • Leeds
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2011, 07:14:53 PM »

Well I suppose I'd better make the effort  ;) I've registered both the Forfour and the Fortwo(s) so as long as you all don't mind a Fortwo tagging along at the back of the Forfour parade we'll see you at Tesco's. Can't be bothered with the comps this year for reasons that a few know about  ::)

itll be like 2 children following a line of adults :D
Fortwo MK3 (2007-2010) Top speed 85 MPH. maxed* 98 MPH
Forfour 1.1 (2010-2015) Top speed 103 MPH. maxed* 110 MPH
Forfour 1.5 SB3 (2015>) Top speed 118 MPH. maxed* 122 MPH
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (11/21-06/22) never to be maxed
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (07/22>) Top speed 155MPH

*maxed in Germany

litefin

• Bbbrabus
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2011, 07:01:20 AM »

Just a quick note I had a call regarding the smart meet they are awaiting a fresh print run of the info pack so if you have not received yours that's why
I recover broken down cars but never Smart forfour???

LadyV

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2011, 07:47:37 AM »

Just a quick note I had a call regarding the smart meet they are awaiting a fresh print run of the info pack so if you have not received yours that's why

Thanks for this, but to be fair, after last years mix up with the info packs I don't think we will be holding our breaths for them to be sent this early!

CrazyG

• Owner of 3x 454 + 3x ForTwo !
  • Administrator
  • London Heathrow airport area.
    • S2smarts
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2011, 11:53:34 AM »

OK everyone,
Here is the map of where/how to get to the Smart Festival.
From the M25 exit at Junction 10 a this is the easiest and the best entry point to get to MBWorld
....and...to the proposed rendezvous point of the Tesco car park.
(The route from Junction 11 can be a nightmare and is not that pleasant)

Tesco's can be got to by the entrance in Oyster Lane..the road splits/forks to a right hand
lane peel off, just before the entrance to M&S and Tescos, so be careful when you get there.

As has been expressed elsewhere, the meet up time atTesco's and the start of the convoy/tube is crucial.
MB opens at 10am....and there is usually a queue to get in even then !
A later start than 10am into MB will encounter a rapidly growing queue of Smarts.
So....my suggestion is..... a 09:00 - 09:15am 'start to meet up' in Tesco's car park...
(which gives peops a chance to grab any bits n pieces they want from Tesco's/M&S),
and the start of the ForFour convoy/tube into MB to be at 09:40 -> 09:45am.

Please don't post any thoughts/ideas/questions on here about this.....PM me instead. Thx

G

« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 09:55:11 PM by CrazyG »
454 - Brabus (mapped, Willwood brakes, coilovers etc etc)
454 - Passion CDi 95hp (manual, full Brab body kit, coilovers etc)
454 - Passion 1.3 (manual, Brab body kit, lowered etc) [SORN'd]
451 - Pulse Turbo [my daily drive] (mapped, coilovers etc)
450 - 'Widestar' Passion 700cc [SORN'd]

k146

• My name is Kyle Garrett
    • Ian Garrett Building Design Ltd
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2011, 02:17:18 PM »

The postcode for the M&S is "KT13 0XF" for all those SAT NAV folk out there.
54 REG 1.5cdi Red and Silver Passion - Was 68bhp now about 95bhp at the wheels, ITG filter, Aux Lead, dash pods, luggage cover, lowered, arm rest ...............
&
58 REG ZX6R Ninja Black - 117.5bhp at the rear wheel, Quill Exhaust, Tail Tidy, Rear Hugger, Seat Cowl .......

mr singh

• Global Moderator
  • Leeds
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2011, 09:34:30 PM »

where, may i ask, will we be gathering in the carpark? or is it too soon to ask?

*maxed in Germany

shagpile

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2011, 11:49:13 PM »

May I make a suggestion rather than waiting then suggesting on the day.

A colour coded convoy, going by panels primarily but then by tridion afterwards. Just think it would look better. If more than two are identical then go by engine size and or type.

I think it would look great.

Would say Black, silver, red, blue, white then green?
Some people usually double take because they see a very similar car. This would just be funny.

OR if there are enough of us going (probably won't be) we could do one of each colour then the exact same combination repeating.

Just a thought, just thinking about maximum impact.

shagpile

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2011, 11:54:37 PM »

One last idea that won't work because its too stupid, would be very funny though.

http://apps.facebook.com/three_d_smart_car/?ref=bookmarks

You can print out and fold together a mini forfour. Making a teeny origami 44.

The idea being if you print them out two to a page you get a nice mini model. Then hide them around the show cars and in any others that you find open.

mr singh

• Global Moderator
  • Leeds
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2011, 07:17:49 AM »

May I make a suggestion rather than waiting then suggesting on the day.

A colour coded convoy, going by panels primarily but then by tridion afterwards. Just think it would look better. If more than two are identical then go by engine size and or type.

I think it would look great.

Would say Black, silver, red, blue, white then green?

sounds like a good idea! but one thing you forgot about the titanium trid ::).

*maxed in Germany

LadyV

« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2011, 07:19:02 PM »

Hello,

Just reading some ideas on here about the meet- both myself and Fox have two different coloured ForFours and we would like to travel together so we won't be travelling in colour code as per the suggestion by Shagpile.

As far as meeting at about 09:00- this is quite an early start, especially for those coming from up north, or in fact anywhere two hours or more from Brooklands...

Fox and I were talking about going to Smart of Croydon where we met up last time as they give you free breakfast, a goodie bag and you're entered into the competitions to win some lovely prizes (last year we won the use of a ForTwo Brabus for the weekend).
We don't plan to stay too long there as last time they took their time on getting us going (we left early as we were in the competitions) but I think it would be nice for us to meet up with some of our local Smart drivers before heading up to Brooklands.

I am of course very happy to join the convoy at Tescos but I feel that I don't want to miss out on seeing some of our friends (Brulaw as an example) and saying hello to the guys that run the Smart of Croydon area.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11