forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: My Brabus 454 is an absolute banger...  (Read 8000 times)

Feeble

• Hampshire
My Brabus 454 is an absolute banger...
« on: April 03, 2020, 03:34:23 PM »

I dont know what it is about this car, but nothing is straight forward.

At the moment, the absolute basic parts of the car are running fine, and I am happy enough with that! But Jesus, I cant get my head around some of the issues...

I have very recently changed the head unit to a Pioneer double din, using the preferred surround. Brilliant. It fires up, bluetooth is excellent. Phone calls I can take as I have installed a Connects2 unit. The steering wheel controls are hit and miss, but workable.

But what the hell now! No good radio signal! Ok, I can pick up Radio 4 just fine, and Radio 2 and 3 are hit and miss. There is nothing in between. I've made 100% sure all connections are good. The roof aerial makes no difference if it is there or not. I have been for a drive to make sure I'm not in a signal black spot. Nothing. There is no signal whatsoever for any local stations.

And to make matters worse now I cant adjust the time on the binacle. It just wont respond. At least I have the analogue clock, but it's annoying not having the same time on the clocks!

This car is an absolute banger! But I do love it and could have been stuck with much worse/much more boring during this lockdown period! I am supposedly a key worker, so it does matter at the moment that I have a decent car, and we are just hanging on in there right now!  :P

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
  • 100 smiles per gallon........... BRISTOL, UK
    • EVILUTION
Re: My Brabus 454 is an absolute banger...
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 03:59:06 PM »

1. Are you sure you connected the aerial and not the GPS cable?
2. What adaptor did you use? (Assuming talking FM)
3. Have a look at the guid about bad radio signal
4. There is a defo knack to changing the binnacle time

JJ

Feeble

• Hampshire
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 04:01:51 PM »

Well... Now that you mention it I suppose I could have plugged in the other aerial cable by mistake!

It is a connects2 CTSMC001.2 as advised by a helpful ebay seller...

The buttons on the top of the binacle will show me the service date, mileage etc. But I'll be damned if they can change the time!

Feeble

• Hampshire
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 04:08:10 PM »

Man, you are a legend! Why did they make the GPS and aerial connectors the same!? Lol. Radio is restored.

Car is still a banger though! Lol

Feeble

• Hampshire
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 04:17:03 PM »

Well the clock would change for a minute... but it wouldnt do a fast change when holding down the buttons... And now I cant get it to change at all again! Bummer. I do have dodgy clocks though. Ah well, at least i can listen to Sam FM again! Lol

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 04:37:21 PM »

Bit of contact cleaner maybe?

JJ

jmariog

• North London
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 04:45:49 PM »

Clock on multifunction wheel if I remember right you need to go to the setting that says synchronise and set it to off , it's something like that only then will the clock change time with the button on top.
Cooper mini moke 0 to 40 5seconds 40 up weeks
BMW CSLi 'bat mobile', Alpine A310 v6,
Marcos Mantis 1976 v6, 454 Passion 1.5 AMT,
454 Passion 1.1, 454 Brabus

Feeble

• Hampshire
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2020, 04:50:12 PM »

Clock on multifunction wheel if I remember right you need to go to the setting that says synchronise and set it to off , it's something like that only then will the clock change time with the button on top.

Are we talking about a setting on the head unit? Or is that on the binacle display?

Feeble

• Hampshire
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2020, 04:51:53 PM »

Bit of contact cleaner maybe?

I dont know about that. My dials are seriously bad already...
JJ

brulaw

• There is only one brubus ......... S E London .
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2020, 05:41:36 PM »

Well... Now that you mention it I suppose I could have plugged in the other aerial cable by mistake!

It is a connects2 CTSMC001.2 as advised by a helpful ebay seller...

The buttons on the top of the binacle will show me the service date, mileage etc. But I'll be damned if they can change the time!

Not sure if you've tried this ....... It's the right hand button ( of the two  ) , you have to hold it down and wait for the clock digits to flash , then you cycle through to set it ,  if you hold the button down it goes quickly , if you press and release it goes one step at a time , you can only go forward  so it's really easy to go to far , hope that helps

ForFour  ....... It knows it's  smart .
www.forfour.co.uk

jmariog

• North London
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2020, 05:54:18 PM »

Ok just went to my car to check and the clock Will change every time I press the top button. But normally I have to press bottom left steering wheel button run through menu's till you get to synchronise then top left wheel button till you get to synchronise time ,tunn that off  then the clock Will change. But not today this is called idiosyncrasies not a Banger.
Cooper mini moke 0 to 40 5seconds 40 up weeks
BMW CSLi 'bat mobile', Alpine A310 v6,
Marcos Mantis 1976 v6, 454 Passion 1.5 AMT,
454 Passion 1.1, 454 Brabus

Feeble

• Hampshire
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2020, 06:53:31 PM »

Lads. Thanks for all your tips but still nothing happens when I try to change the clock. I think it may be something to do with the Connects2 lead I have installed as now I have a menu on the binacle I havent seen before - AUDIO. But I cant seem to so anything with it at all!

Its not the end of the world, just another annoyance! To be honest it is the least of my concerns. See previous picture if you want to see something more annoying! Lol

Feeble

• Hampshire
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2020, 06:58:50 PM »

I could always just disconnect the battery and reconnect it at midnight I suppose lol

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2020, 09:53:03 PM »

Ok just went to my car to check and the clock Will change every time I press the top button. But normally I have to press bottom left steering wheel button run through menu's till you get to synchronise then top left wheel button till you get to synchronise time ,tunn that off  then the clock Will change. But not today this is called idiosyncrasies not a Banger.

This is only on a vehicle with GPS

JJ