forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: what is considered 'high mileage'?  (Read 1196 times)

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
  • 100 smiles per gallon........... BRISTOL, UK
    • EVILUTION
Re: what is considered 'high mileage'?
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2020, 10:08:49 PM »

A delorean certainly is a desirable car because people desire it. Just because some people don’t, doesn’t make it non-desirable

The opinion of the internet does not make something true unfortunately

There are so many people around who clearly don’t get push back from their peer group and thus believe they are always true whereas in fact their peers just got fed up or arguing And stopped listening haha

JJ

El Tel

• Spain - Barcelona
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2020, 11:09:19 PM »

I love that car. It was the most awesome thing I ever saw the first time I watched back to the future.
LHD 2004 Pulse 1.1l (VVT). Black on black - 99,000 km

Brabs

• 2x forfour, 1x 451, 1x Lomax 223 - Devon
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2020, 02:42:47 PM »

Delorean DMC-12. I think that it’s a fantastic car! Brilliant Giiorgetto Giugiaro design with unique styling and bodywork and input from LOTUS. VERY futuristic even now after nearly 30 years. Yes, it had a weedy V6 PRV engine but it was always about style over performance. I would love to have one.  ;)
Open Your Mind... to a smart.
I did, to a generation 1 forfour 1.1 with 'Passion', a Silver generation 1 forfour 'Brabus' Xclusive and a fortwo 451 'night orange' edition ;~)

Coverman

• Leeds
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2020, 08:47:25 PM »

Delorean design was a catalogue of errors, which is why the floppy intended monocoque needed the extra weight of a Lotus backbone chassis. My opinion: stainless steel cladding over SMC was uneccessary as Alpine and Renault managed fine finishes on SMC. The engine had plenty of power potential; Alpine and Venturi managed well enough.
454 Brabus & 1.3AMT

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2020, 08:39:51 AM »

But look what the errors created - an icon!

If we look at the company - that was handled badly too

But as a car - it’s stunning!!

JJ

FireFlower

• Enjoy motorsports & grill some sausages - Finland
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2020, 11:08:27 PM »

At the European country where which has oldest cars still on the road, Finland common high mileage limit:

Diesels: Over 300 tkm is high mileage, for taxis / ambulances / police cars over 150tkm is high mileage. Car dealers really do not want to take your car past this.
Petrols: Over 150-200 tkm is high mileage, for taxis / ambulances / police over 50 tkm is high mileage. Car dealers really do not want to take your car past this.

Military: Over 10tkm or 1000-2000 hours is high mileage, again depending is the engine petrol or diesel. Military doesn't want to keep using equipment past this and is stored for indefinitely or sold at an auction for nut heads. (Explanation: Conscripts do not respect the gear so it gets banged, oil changes ignored, wrong fuel, never cleaned properly etc.)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 11:11:02 PM by FireFlower »
ForFour Passion (manual) 1330cm3 RON95/E85 2006, no factory extras

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2020, 08:29:05 AM »

All good info :)

JJ

DragonLogicX

• W.Sussex
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2020, 08:53:44 PM »

Good points averall indeed.....

IMHO, I don't really care what mileage it has (to an extent of course) but without seeing the car and checking the usual history, etc. approx 10k per anum is acceptable regardless of year.

As an example, I have my BMW e36 328i Sport with only 148k on the clock and that's now 23yrs old. I love my car and take care of it, and anything that it needs doing to keep it in good condition mechanically, etc. then it gets done. Yet it has little shop/dealership service history as I did all the work on it myself. Of course some people would still call this high mileage!?! but it isn't really? (regardless of its rising value)
I now also have 2x 1.5 petrol ForFour's and one has now 94k and the other 107k, yet the 107k one is mechanically in better shape than my 94k one, and yet the 94k has better 'service history'.......
So.... personally I don't care what mileage states so long as the car meets my requirements and has been kept in good working order......or at a price which honestly reflects the state of the vehicle.

Now I've also looked for and seen a few Brabus ForFours and Ive not been happy with any of them so far. Maybe my expectations/price braket is a bit narrow, but I know I'll find one one day ;D
Until then, I'll tinker and custom these ones until I get bored haha
Pages: 1 2 [3]