Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Oooh!  (Read 5203 times)

Brabs

• 2x forfour, 1x 451, 1x Lomax 223 - Devon
Oooh!
« on: December 04, 2019, 09:06:55 PM »

Open Your Mind... to a smart.
I did, to a generation 1 forfour 1.1 with 'Passion', a Silver generation 1 forfour 'Brabus' Xclusive and a fortwo 451 'night orange' edition ;~)

Coverman

• Leeds
Re: Oooh!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 07:51:13 AM »

Just nicely run in now
454 Brabus & 1.3AMT

CrazyG

• Owner of 3x 454 + 3x ForTwo !
  • Administrator
  • London Heathrow airport area.
    • S2smarts
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 12:34:25 PM »

Well done Brabs.....and your comments on owning and driving a
Brabus 454 up to this point, as in your feelings about the car, as well
as any good or bad points or advice worthy of imparting to others ?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 12:36:36 PM by CrazyG »
454 - Brabus (mapped, Willwood brakes, coilovers etc etc)
454 - Passion CDi 95hp (manual, full Brab body kit, coilovers etc)
454 - Passion 1.3 (manual, Brab body kit, lowered etc) [SORN'd]
451 - Pulse Turbo [my daily drive] (mapped, coilovers etc)
450 - 'Widestar' Passion 700cc [SORN'd]

BlackCDI

• Germany
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 05:41:13 PM »

Been there 60.000 miles ago :D
Congrats
2006 Passion 95hp CDi Black Edition

Brabs

• 2x forfour, 1x 451, 1x Lomax 223 - Devon
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 08:54:39 PM »

Well done Brabs.....and your comments on owning and driving a
Brabus 454 up to this point, as in your feelings about the car, as well as any good or bad points or advice worthy of imparting to others ?

Ah, no G this isn’t my Brab... check the speedo type. That has ‘only’ done about 70,000 miles.

No, those photos are of my brilliant 1.1 Passion. I’ve owned the car since it was just over 1 year old in 2006. Then it had done about 10,000 miles. The ownership experience of this car has been one of the most painless ever. Apart from tyres, brakes shoes and discs, one wheel bearing, one rear calliper, one battery (the original lasted 12years!) and one exhaust back box (the original one lasted 13years!) and a couple of bulbs all it has needed has been routine maintenance.
The front polycarbonate section of the roof and the rear door quarter windows lost their coating and have been fly eye covered but the bodywork is virtually as new, as is the interior. The engine uses NO oil between services and runs as well as the day I bought it. This underrated, versatile little hatchback has been nothing short of brilliant! I honestly can’t see myself selling it for in the foreseeable future.  ;)

As regards advice for others. Well, I am a great believer in ‘preventative maintenance’. By this I mean regular checks of fluids, brakes, bulbs, tyres etc. Not hoping and praying that it’ll just keep on running by putting fuel in and kicking the tyres. I see this a lot with my friends. Then they moan when something goes wrong, always at an inconvenient time!  I also use quality oil, fuel and service items. Lastly I try to drive my car sympathetically. Don’t think that I mentioned that it has the original clutch. I don’t drive it like a granny but I don’t thrash it either. Like I say, sympathetically. That’s about it. Like ‘Trigger’ said about his broom, ‘look after your car and your car will look after you’.   :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 09:00:25 PM by Brabs »
Open Your Mind... to a smart.
I did, to a generation 1 forfour 1.1 with 'Passion', a Silver generation 1 forfour 'Brabus' Xclusive and a fortwo 451 'night orange' edition ;~)