forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Wind Deflecters  (Read 4407 times)

jmariog

• North London
Wind Deflecters
« on: September 24, 2019, 09:17:40 PM »

Off on road trip , are wind deflectors any good as I do like driving with my windows open. And it's getting a bit late in the year.
Cooper mini moke 0 to 40 5seconds 40 up weeks
BMW CSLi 'bat mobile', Alpine A310 v6,
Marcos Mantis 1976 v6, 454 Passion 1.5 AMT,
454 Passion 1.1, 454 Brabus

Coverman

• Leeds
Re: Wind Deflecters
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 07:57:27 AM »

They were fitted on the Brabus when I bought it, but not  on the 1.3 which remains deflector less.. Use Aircon in both cars so rarely drive with windows open. The only time I use the Brabus with windows open ,I only open the fronts to level with bottom of deflectors,, if it is raining during an Autosolo event, because I have the Aircon off to conserve power .it does save the windows from misting up. I had them on my previous autosolo Clio Cup which didn't have Aircon, and used the deflectors with windows cracked open to Dave misting up in rainy  weather without letting water into the interior.
454 Brabus & 1.3AMT

El Tel

• Spain - Barcelona
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 10:27:11 AM »

They look good too...!!
LHD 2004 Pulse 1.1l (VVT). Black on black - 100,000 km

brulaw

• There is only one brubus ......... S E London .
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 08:31:53 PM »

Iv'e had them on my car for years  ( almost since it was new , in 2004 )  , they do allow you to have the windows slightly open without allowing rain in , and  as someone already mentioned ..... They do look good , Iv'e just recently invested in a new set at the princely sum of £29  ( I think they were dearer than that when I got the first set )  .

ForFour  ....... It knows it's  smart .
www.forfour.co.uk

El Tel

• Spain - Barcelona
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 04:45:11 PM »

If they reduce wind drag in any meaningful way it should also help fuel economy... especially if you like doing 70mph with the windows down (like some people!)
LHD 2004 Pulse 1.1l (VVT). Black on black - 100,000 km

Brabs

• 2x forfour, 1x 451, 1x Lomax 223 - Devon
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 11:31:57 AM »

I don’t really care about wind drag. I drive with the air con on all of the time, so don’t usually have windows(s) open, unless reaching out for something. So, I just think that the HEKOS look good!  ;)
Open Your Mind... to a smart.
I did, to a generation 1 forfour 1.1 with 'Passion', a Silver generation 1 forfour 'Brabus' Xclusive and a fortwo 451 'night orange' edition ;~)