forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 0% finance on used smarts  (Read 10417 times)

Baggy

• xx Heart now pounding to a Forfour Brabus xx
0% finance on used smarts
« on: November 08, 2010, 10:50:32 AM »

Had an email from smart offering 3 years 0% finance on all used smart cars .....

not many forfours about on their approved used site tho
xx Heart 'was' beating with a 454 Pulse xx
    Now it's really poundin' with a 454 Brab !

CrazyG

• Owner of 3x 454 + 3x ForTwo !
  • Administrator
  • London Heathrow airport area.
    • S2smarts
Re: 0% finance on used smarts
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 06:00:14 PM »

Had an email from smart offering 3 years 0% finance on all used smart cars .....

not many forfours about on their approved used site tho
They really do not want to have any association with the 'old' model ForFour. But wait till the 'new' one comes along...
They'll sing it's praises and tell you it's the dogs dangly bits...and what everyone has been waiting for.
But dare to mention our one and they'll come out with...
"there wasn't a market for it back then....and it was rather crude compared to the new one"
or some other bullsh#t along those lines.
454 - Brabus (mapped, Willwood brakes, coilovers etc etc)
454 - Passion CDi 95hp (manual, full Brab body kit, coilovers etc)
454 - Passion 1.3 (manual, Brab body kit, lowered etc) [SORN'd]
451 - Pulse Turbo [my daily drive] (mapped, coilovers etc)
450 - 'Widestar' Passion 700cc [SORN'd]

evilution

• Administrator
    • evilution
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 06:32:46 PM »

Actually, last year they contacted a lot of registered forfour owners asking if they wanted to PX their car for anything else because they had a mad rush of people wanting them after there was a mention of the Forfour in a motoring press thing saying it was a great car that sold for well below what it was worth.

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
  • 100 smiles per gallon........... BRISTOL, UK
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 11:26:53 PM »

If they offer 0% on a new ForFour - I'm getting one !!

JJ
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 01:15:57 PM by CrazyG »

basilbrush

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 09:34:55 AM »

If a new Forfour appears on the European market I wonder if we'll take to it in the same way as we did with the original. A lot of members were Fortwo enthusiasts before the Forfour was developed and the car was designed to appeal to people wanting more seats with a similar concept.
It looks like a new Forfour will be developed on the new Nissan Micra platform. At the moment the Micra only comes with a three cylinder 1.2 and a supercharged version is set to follow shortly. I've had a sit in the new Micra and although it's comfortable it does seem to be built down to a small engine.
That seems to be the way of the future with these types of car made in India and eastern europe.

I suspect the reason Smart won't be offering 0% finance on many Smart Forfours is because they haven't been taking them in part exchange for Fortwos.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 09:39:29 AM by basilbrush »

Unknown

• A spare part that no-one has a use for...
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 12:59:06 PM »

If a new Forfour appears on the European market I wonder if we'll take to it in the same way as we did with the original. A lot of members were Fortwo enthusiasts before the Forfour was developed and the car was designed to appeal to people wanting more seats with a similar concept.
It looks like a new Forfour will be developed on the new Nissan Micra platform. At the moment the Micra only comes with a three cylinder 1.2 and a supercharged version is set to follow shortly. I've had a sit in the new Micra and although it's comfortable it does seem to be built down to a small engine.
That seems to be the way of the future with these types of car made in India and eastern europe.

I suspect the reason Smart won't be offering 0% finance on many Smart Forfours is because they haven't been taking them in part exchange for Fortwos.

Off topic alert...

The EU forfour will be a shared platform with Renault, possibly the new Twingo. Rumours are that it will be a modular platform so the new fortwo and forfour will be rear or mid mounted engines with steel panels to reduce cost. So yeah avid forfour haters will be soooo happy it will rear/mid engine, be a true smart then eh? ;)

On topic...

I will be sticking with my forfour until it dies or becomes too costly to repair, current used prices means mine is worth rock bottom privately and virtually nowt on part ex!
Alice (1.3 Pulse forfour) 2007 - 2012 Zoe (1.4 SE Corsa) 2012 -

CrazyG

• Administrator
    • S2smarts
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 01:36:20 PM »

...It looks like a new Forfour will be developed on the new Nissan Micra platform. At the moment the Micra only comes with a three cylinder 1.2 and a supercharged version is set to follow shortly. I've had a sit in the new Micra and although it's comfortable it does seem to be built down to a small engine.

You are 100% correct on that...as per a previous thread, Roger Penske (Penske Racing USA) has pushed for a ForFour in America...and it will be
on the streets by this time next year.  However, like our beloved ForFour it will only be available for 3 years.....  WHY ???

...The EU forfour will be a shared platform with Renault, possibly the new Twingo............

The 'official' European designed and based ForFour will replace the American inspired Nissan version in 2014. And yes...it will be based on a Renault !

.........Rumours are that it will be a modular platform, so the [NEXT] new ForTwo and ForFour will be rear or mid mounted engines with steel panels
to reduce cost. So yeah avid ForFour haters will be soooo happy it will rear/mid engine, be a true Smart then eh? ;)

Steel panels...! ! ! ....true Smart ! ! !   I don't think so... Avid Smart supporters will say it's got 'non-Smart' steel panels so it's not a 'real' Smart.

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
  • 100 smiles per gallon........... BRISTOL, UK
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 02:10:38 PM »

i don't want the US version!! its a*s!!

JJ

Unknown

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 06:26:52 PM »

.........Rumours are that it will be a modular platform, so the [NEXT] new ForTwo and ForFour will be rear or mid mounted engines with steel panels
to reduce cost. So yeah avid ForFour haters will be soooo happy it will rear/mid engine, be a true Smart then eh? ;)

Steel panels...! ! ! ....true Smart ! ! !   I don't think so... Avid Smart supporters will say it's got 'non-Smart' steel panels so it's not a 'real' Smart.

i was jokingly referring to the mid/rear engine layout ;)

evilution

• Administrator
    • evilution
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 07:23:34 PM »

We won't get that ugly American micra thing and we sure as he'll won't be supporting it on this forum.
If it don't have a tridion, it don't be a smart.

basilbrush

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 07:58:20 PM »

Seems that the Project Edison Forfour will have a tridion based platform from what little info I've been able to find. A Forfour with a rear engine and rear wheel drive?? How will that go down after years of people using and appreciating the benefits of front wheel drive. Then I think of the Hillman Imp I had in the seventies and how that handled and performed. It's a pity we've got so long to wait.

CrazyG

• Administrator
    • S2smarts
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 10:53:59 PM »

Ah...the Hillman Imp.....
Surely not the Mk.1 with front wheels that tucked in under acceleration and cornering and needed a bag of cement in the front to keep it down...
It must have been the Mk.II..where they fixed that front wheel problem...and fitted the bigger (998cc v 875cc) and better engine ?
But I digress...

If the 'Edison' (how American !) does end up with a rear engine, then it will have p#ss poor front boot space...and the same at the rear.
Sort of reminds me of another Smart....not a four seater with a decent boot....but like a Roadster with four seats and on steroids !  Yuck.....!
Somehow that doesn't come across as too appealing.  We'll just have to see....

I can't see why they don't just resurrect the ForMore...big enough for the Yanks to buy them by the boat load...and I'd have one without hesitation.

Unknown

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 01:09:35 PM »

EU forfour = RMR or RR
US forfour = FF or MF

US forfour will based on a Micra platform, current or next gen. EU forfour will be based on a new modular platform with a rear or mid mounted engine designed with two configs in mind, two seater city car or four seater compact. Neither will probably end up with a true Tridion or plastic panels and thinking of it the Renault version will be a higher spec for less cash... hmm... bye bye smart maybe?