forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Why do the 'Most Online Today' and 'Most Online Ever' only show 1 ?  (Read 4648 times)

CrazyG

• Owner of 3x 454 + 3x ForTwo !
  • Administrator
  • London Heathrow airport area.
    • S2smarts

There is a really simple answer to anyone wondering why that is...
We; the Admin Team; decided from the first day that the Forum was activated that
neither of these counters were to be activated, as in all honesty they don't mean a
great deal.  Besides, one can easily see when there are any Users or Members online
at any time by simply looking at the 'Users Online' area at the bottom of the Forum
'Home' page.

Usually Members or Guests/visitors might 'pop in' and only take a look for a few minutes
to read a topic/thread and then 'pop off' the Forum, so in reality the numbers will never
truly be that high...and besides, a forum is not the sort of place where one would expect
to see huge numbers on it at any one time, especially as this forum is for just one model
of vehicle from a manufacturer that was not sold in quantity on the marketplace as the
likes of VAG, BMW, Ford, etc etc.
To put that into perspective....when I owned a BMW M5 I was a member of the BMW Forum,
and the M5 Forum, and yes there were occasionally a good number online, but that was only
to be expected for a company brand that sold/sells a huge range of vehicles worldwide, yet
saying that, the very individual M5 Owners Forum had very few online at any one time.
One can compare it to the Smart ForFour (Generation 1), which was never sold worldwide,
but.. like the M5 it was a single model.
Hopefully now one can understand why such 'online' figures of of no real consequence and
count for nothing.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 03:19:27 AM by CrazyG »
454 - Brabus (mapped, Willwood brakes, coilovers etc etc)
454 - Passion CDi 95hp (manual, full Brab body kit, coilovers etc)
454 - Passion 1.3 (manual, Brab body kit, lowered etc) [SORN'd]
451 - Pulse Turbo [my daily drive] (mapped, coilovers etc)
450 - 'Widestar' Passion 700cc [SORN'd]