forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Replacement Key Success  (Read 5093 times)

Nelcboy

• Merseyside
Replacement Key Success
« on: July 31, 2015, 01:44:52 PM »

Just though I would share my recent experience of sourcing a spare key for my daughters recently acquired 1.1 FF. The car came with only one key which combines a transponder and remote central locking. We considered the option of buying a second key with remote central locking but decided, on the basis of cost, to simply duplicate a transponder key (for emergencies only). After a little research I took the car to Timpsons shoe repairers who were able to order a replacement key and, with the car present, code the new key to the car, all for £50. The guy at Timpsons told me that not all of their branches can code transponder keys and only some of them can code remote central locking keys (I don’t know the price) but that their website will tell you which branch does what. All in all, a fairly pain free transaction.  :)

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
  • 100 smiles per gallon........... BRISTOL, UK
    • EVILUTION
Re: Replacement Key Success
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 02:01:54 PM »

thats interesting as no one has had much luck before.

but i guess you are only doing the immobiliser side of things and not the remote locking?

so the £50 key from timpsons can unlock the door with the key hole on the passenger door and start the car but not open the door remotely?

JJ