forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: 2010 Smart Festival - 4th Sept...attendees??  (Read 44921 times)

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
  • 100 smiles per gallon........... BRISTOL, UK
    • EVILUTION
Re: 2010 Smart Festival - 4th Sept...attendees??
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2010, 11:55:25 PM »

Haha!! I seen ladyv's car - lots of scratches ;)

Crazy G would win mod section easy peasy lemon squeezy and what does "best dressed" mean?? ;)

JJ

CrazyG

• Owner of 3x 454 + 3x ForTwo !
  • Administrator
  • London Heathrow airport area.
    • S2smarts
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2010, 07:51:54 AM »

Thanks for your 'vote' Problemchild, but as far as I'm concerned my car is far from being ready
to be plonked in a knockout contest against cars like the Hillclimb ForTwo that was there last year.
For those that don't know, that For Two is a stripped out, single seater, fitted with a roll cage, a
Toyota MR2 (non turbo) engine and gearbox, 'widestar' rear arched, coilover suspension, 8" wide rears
and is a veritable missile.  Now THAT is what I call 'modified'.....and is a long looong ways ahead of my car.

Next year..... perhaps........
There were too many things that were promised but not delivered in time for me to fit before this Festival....
some very special, and some quite large bits (which a select few of you were aware of)....
Besides those, there were numerous other bits I did intend to do this month, but I've only recently got over a
'bug' that had/has drained me of all my energy and enthusiasm.
'Bluey' WILL have all those things done (and then some) by next years Festival.......

« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 07:56:35 AM by CrazyG »
454 - Brabus (mapped, Willwood brakes, coilovers etc etc)
454 - Passion CDi 95hp (manual, full Brab body kit, coilovers etc)
454 - Passion 1.3 (manual, Brab body kit, lowered etc) [SORN'd]
451 - Pulse Turbo [my daily drive] (mapped, coilovers etc)
450 - 'Widestar' Passion 700cc [SORN'd]

QuBall42

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2010, 02:17:36 PM »

Crazy G would win mod section easy peasy lemon squeezy and what does "best dressed" mean?? ;)

JJ

Well mines not exactly showroom either  ;) (thanks to a previous owners less that meticulous washing practices ) but then again if it raises
the profile of the Forfour as a decent car that can hold its head up against the masses of Fortwo's so be it. No way any Forfour would win
any of the categories anyway (although I agree 100% that CrazyG's would give them a decent run for their money).

« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 10:17:20 AM by CrazyG »

Baggy

• xx Heart now pounding to a Forfour Brabus xx
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2010, 10:08:20 AM »

Just wanted to say i hope to see you all at brooklands
i'll be in the inner circle at 12pm around the forfours & I hope both forums can put their differences aside & all meet up & have a good time

xx
xx Heart 'was' beating with a 454 Pulse xx
    Now it's really poundin' with a 454 Brab !

CrazyG

• Owner of 3x 454 + 3x ForTwo !
  • Administrator
  • London Heathrow airport area.
    • S2smarts
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2010, 10:20:50 AM »

Sentiments I agree with 100%.......
Let's ALL enjoy the Fest and have a good day.
454 - Brabus (mapped, Willwood brakes, coilovers etc etc)
454 - Passion CDi 95hp (manual, full Brab body kit, coilovers etc)
454 - Passion 1.3 (manual, Brab body kit, lowered etc) [SORN'd]
451 - Pulse Turbo [my daily drive] (mapped, coilovers etc)
450 - 'Widestar' Passion 700cc [SORN'd]

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
  • 100 smiles per gallon........... BRISTOL, UK
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2010, 11:58:55 AM »

i'll be in the inner circle at 12pm around the forfours & I hope both forums can put their differences aside & all meet up & have a good time

xx

what differences?

i don't think we have really had any issues - just a moan or 2 about G having his posts deleted on FFO but i think we are pretty happy! sorry if we have made out that we have issues with them.... far from it really. I think its essential for a true "community" site for the forfour to keep everyone together, chatting and interested in the car and community side that it brings.

it is only me thats banned from their site and i have no issues at all - just general confusion with my life ;)

again, sorry if this site is conveying the wrong impression.

tomorrow will be fab and i hope there will be many many forfours there so that when people grow out of their fortwo (like many of us have) they can see that the forfour is a really great option and IS a smart (not a mitsubishi)

i'm gutted i won't be there...

JJ
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 12:00:40 PM by Problemchild »

LadyV

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2010, 05:48:16 PM »

JJ

Ha! and there is me thinking that this was the "friendly forum"?! Now just because I don't post much on here, it doesn't mean I don't check this site occasionally...and to insult a fellow ForFour owner's vehicle is not on....at least I am representing the ForFour community which is what I thought it was all about!
Now, I am sorry that I don't have the money to buy a perfect ForFour and to fix my "scratches"...and I am also sorry that my car had previous owner that caused this damage....but you have no right to start laughing at my less than perfect car just because yours might look better...it's sad and uncalled for.
Rant over....you're welcome to ban me.

BlackDog

• An old git
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2010, 06:00:13 PM »

Got to agree with LadyV,  we haven't all got perfect cars and some of us have had previous owners who've neglected them.  We make the best of what we've got and try to improve them.

Ban - I would hope not  :o  That would be  :-[ ing
David

LadyV

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2010, 06:06:51 PM »

Got to agree with LadyV,  we haven't all got perfect cars and some of us have had previous owners who've neglected them.  We make the best of what we've got and try to improve them.

Ban - I would hope not  :o  That would be  :-[ ing

Thanks Blackdog....my point exactly. Instead of focusing on negatives (yes, my car does have scratches, it's 5 years old with a previous owner...and it's been DRIVEN...not sat in a garage being worked on) there are a lot of great things about my car...firstly it's been in the competition for the last 2 years...alright it hasn't won anything but then again this year's winner was less than a year old....! It's interior is superb, it's never had any problems (touch wood) and it's a very attractive car.

My theory is that if people think that their cars are so perfect, then why don't they represent the ForFour by putting them in the competitions? Maybe we would have a chance of winning something then!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 06:12:50 PM by LadyV »

evilution

• Administrator
    • evilution
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2010, 07:15:10 PM »

Woah woah woah, hang on  :o enough.
JJ wasn't taking the piss or having a go, he was having a joke with you, hence the winking smiley at the end.

I would have said the same if I had known a car entered into "best kept" had loads of scratches  :D

None of us worry about scratches, it's the car that counts and it was all the previous owner so who cares.
If you noticed my Roadster down the side of the stall, you can see I care not about scratches, it just means you don't care about more.
(something that these lah-de-dah pristine Brabus owners worry about  ;) )

No one gets banned unless they spam or seriously abuse other members.

LadyV

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2010, 09:14:27 PM »

Well I apologise for seeing it that way but as a proud owner of my car I don't appreciate being mentioned in a negative way just because I entered a slightly scratched vehicle into a competition. No one else had their car's faults mentioned.
I've had others say they thought it was a bit out of order too... I don't want to make enemies, here or anywhere but it's not fair to write a disrespectful comment like that whether it was meant or not.

basilbrush

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2010, 09:03:12 AM »

I'm sorry that you choose to refer to this forum as "friendly" in a sarcastic manner. A lot of effort has been put in to this site by the admin and the members to be helpful and friendly to the Forfour community. All this you choose to negate for a light hearted comment. If you put your car into a best kept competition you are inviting it to be judged.

LadyV

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2010, 09:58:41 AM »

Basil- maybe I was joking about this forum being described as "friendly"? I saw the original comment as sarcastic, hence my response... So you can't expect me not to say anything.

I have no doubt that a lot of effort has been put in to this site. My point was simply that when three ForFours were mentioned as being in the best kept competition, mine was singled out as having scratches. The "hahaha" at the beginning wasn't exactly friendly in my opinion.
Now, he could have been joking, which is fine but what I am saying is that it didn't look like a joke to me... By all means judge my car, if you see it on the day and choose to attend the festival, however I have always stated that I am there to represent the ForFour and don't really expect fellow ForFour owners to come out with such remarks. 
Some may argue that I am stupid for entering MY car into a competition, but I thought that it would benefit the ForFour community.... 
The only person that can really comment further is Problemchild.

BlackDog

• An old git
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2010, 10:28:47 AM »

All this you choose to negate for a light hearted comment. If you put your car into a best kept competition you are inviting it to be judged.
I certainly don't view that as a light hearted comment.  It doesn't matter how many winks you add to a bad taste comment it remains in bad taste and isn't warranted on this site.  Judging is done on the day in the confidence of the voting box not in the open on a forum.  What passes as a friendly jibe between friends face to face doesn't always go down well in the one sidedness of electronic comms.
David

Baggy

• xx Heart now pounding to a Forfour Brabus xx
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2010, 10:44:48 AM »

Draws a line ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can we just leave it at that now please ?

Thanks
xxx
xx Heart 'was' beating with a 454 Pulse xx
    Now it's really poundin' with a 454 Brab !
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4