forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Smart Times 2012  (Read 46714 times)

LadyV

Smart Times 2012
« on: August 10, 2011, 09:10:43 PM »

As Cosmin pointed out recently, Smart Times 2012 will be held in Belgium.

I have had a look on the web for any further information but the only thing I could find so far is that it will run from August 23rd to 26th 2012.

If anyone has any further information, please put all details in this thread.

I think it sounds like a good idea and Fox and I are certainly going to look into it as Belgium is a little easier to drive than Italy!

Anyone else like the sound of this?

cosminnedelcu

• Be Smart ! Be U !
    • SMARTFAN
Re: Smart Times 2012
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 07:33:29 AM »

I heard that the location it will be something very special with an tour near a Castle or something like this and the area will be verry nice with allot of history .
Any news i will right here.
Air is drawn into the cylinder of a diesel engine and compressed by the rising piston at a much higher compression ratio than for a spark-ignition engine, up to 25:1. The air temperature reaches 700-900 C, or 1300-1650 F.

CrazyG

• Owner of 3x 454 + 3x ForTwo !
  • Administrator
  • London Heathrow airport area.
    • S2smarts
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 09:46:09 AM »

Close enough to home for me to give it serious thought....so pencil my name in for it.  8)
454 - Brabus (mapped, Willwood brakes, coilovers etc etc)
454 - Passion CDi 95hp (manual, full Brab body kit, coilovers etc)
454 - Passion 1.3 (manual, Brab body kit, lowered etc) [SORN'd]
451 - Pulse Turbo [my daily drive] (mapped, coilovers etc)
450 - 'Widestar' Passion 700cc [SORN'd]

LadyV

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 11:14:48 AM »

Hey good news guys! I think this would be a great opportunity to see what "Smart Times" is like and for us all to have a meet at the same time.

Anymore info- be sure to put it here! :P

cosminnedelcu

• Be Smart ! Be U !
    • SMARTFAN
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 02:12:47 PM »

We have an connection in the PR organization of SMART TIMES from Germany ;) so when she will tell us something i will right here  :)
Air is drawn into the cylinder of a diesel engine and compressed by the rising piston at a much higher compression ratio than for a spark-ignition engine, up to 25:1. The air temperature reaches 700-900 C, or 1300-1650 F.

MazzieL

• The EventCast - #1 Fan Podcast for NBC's Hit Show The Event
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 02:27:57 PM »

We could be interested for sure, Belgium isn't too far at all!

LadyV

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 07:05:50 PM »

Hi Everyone,

Al Young has posted information about Smart Times 2012:

http://www.thesmartclub.com/board/showthread.php?21530-smarttimes-2012-Belgium-be-part-of-it

Send him an email to register your interest :-)

cosminnedelcu

• Be Smart ! Be U !
    • SMARTFAN
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 05:21:50 PM »

Antwerp, Belgia ;) here it will be the meeting :)

LadyV

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 05:17:35 PM »

Hi All,

For those that haven't registered their interest in this event for next year, I have received the following emailed update from Al Young:

Victoria

As you will no doubt be aware (or even have guessed), smart times 2012 will take place in Antwerp, Belgium!  A superb venue equally well located for the UK.

It goes without saying that thesmartclub will have an excellent package, venue and logistics in hand to make this an extra special smart time event for those participating and you can be sure we'll be keeping you updated over the coming months.

Best wishes

Al

The email address to register your interest is above.

Thanks!

CrazyG

• Administrator
    • S2smarts
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 09:52:14 PM »

That's the same e-mail that I got from Al.....
just that he didn't call me Victoria....LOL.....

In other words, it's a standard preformatted message that everyone
gets or will get if they enquire.

LadyV

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 11:18:50 PM »

G,

LOL, I figured it wasn't that personal to me  ;)

LadyV

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »

Hi All,

Further email from Al:

Hi Victoria

This is an initial email to confirm that you are registered to receive updates and information regarding smart times 2012 and thesmartclub's visit to that event in August.

Planning for this event is well underway and we are working closely with the organisers on the final timetable, locations and activities.

The great news is that communications for smart times 2012 will be out in much finer detail and be issued much more quickly than those experienced in 2011. I expect full details to be issued to you very early next year and Issue 21 of '4site' smart magazine will subsequently include full details.

One thing is for sure - attendance is already looking to be the best yet and with what promises to be the best programme of activities yet, it will be an event not to be missed.

thesmartclub will again be offering a number of complete 'packages' to and from smart times 2012 and again, details of these will be issued early 2012.

Best wishes

Al

Al Young
Chairman & Managing Director
thesmartclub ltd

I have asked him about what "packages" they offer- I am guessing accommodation near to the site. I will investigate and get back to you.
Thanks

CrazyG

• Administrator
    • S2smarts
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 12:11:20 PM »

I was going to post my e-mail from Al on here....as it's the same reply anyone got/gets
that has registered an interest in Smartimes 2012....but you beat me to it.   ;D

LadyV

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 01:31:51 PM »

Just keeping people up-to-date  ;)

LadyV

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 11:25:26 PM »

Further email from Al regarding the "packages" that they offer:

Hi Victoria

Thanks for your message and I can advise that we normally offer a small number of packages that effectively handle all logistics to and from International events assuming one departs from the UK.  This holds true for our Hambach (smartville) events and, of course, smart times.

These packages generally include channel crossing, any en route accommodation, accommodation at the venue and any transfers etc.  For smart times 2011 (Riccione, Italy) for example, we offered the channel crossing, accommodation in northern Germany, southern Germany, accommodation in the heart of the smart times activities in Riccione and the same all the way back to the UK.   2012 will be different of course given its proximity to the UK but again, we’ll ensure we have the ideal accommodation location chosen for the bulk of smart times activities – as you will already be in Europe, we may be able to include you simply based on accommodation in Belgium although all that planning is still underway.

Rest assured that whilst many people are already booking hotels in Antwerp, the official smart times event organisers are still planning what activities take place where and we are part of that organisational team – as such, we can be sure to provide the best information and logistics where possible.

It will be late January, early February before we can announce more and as with all our events, my organisation team make at least one entire ‘dry run’ of route and accommodation to make sure all is well before we publicise.

I’ll keep you updated

Best wishes meantime

Al

I'll continue to update you all as I receive updates....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6