forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Making new fans of the marque  (Read 12860 times)

funkydoodycool

• Life's short and too hard like a body-building elf
    • funkydoodycool's website
Re: Making new fans of the marque
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 10:19:52 PM »

Compare the stats of any forfour and they compare favourably tO other cars with bigger motors.

Hehe I just mistyped favourably and my auto correct changed it to fanboi urine!!

------

Unknown

• A spare part that no-one has a use for...
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 11:22:13 AM »

Compare the stats of any forfour and they compare favourably tO other cars with bigger motors.

Hehe I just mistyped favourably and my auto correct changed it to fanboi urine!!

I had that the other day, somebody said their car (I think Astra CDi, not sure) got 50mpg, my response was - mines petrol and returns 50+mpg and costs less to tax. They went very quiet.

It amazes me Japs are still perfecting the normally aspirated engine, I think the Suzuki Swift is a 1.2l and produces just over 100bhp where as Fiat or VW use a turbo to get that close with their 1.2l. The forfour and Colt were way ahead of their time.
Alice (1.3 Pulse forfour) 2007 - 2012 Zoe (1.4 SE Corsa) 2012 -

funkydoodycool

• Life's short and too hard like a body-building elf
    • funkydoodycool's website
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 11:51:31 AM »

But then Jap cars WITH turbos are fearsome beasts!

A lot of cars lately seem to be going backwards.  I just looked up specs for the 2013 Fiesta ST.  They've gone from a 2.0 NA to 1.6, losing about 30hp... And the fuel economy has dropped from 38mpg to 32mpg combined, despite boasting 20% less CO2 than the previous model.

Torque has improved though, and with it the 0-60 time has dropped from 7.9s to under 7s.

Just seems strange that the mpg has dropped so significantly with it.

------
Pages: 1 [2]