forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: forfour poll.......  (Read 14555 times)

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
  • 100 smiles per gallon........... BRISTOL, UK
    • EVILUTION
forfour poll.......
« on: December 31, 2010, 12:13:36 AM »

Hiya everyone....

Some of you may have seen my poll I ran on Smartmaniacs to see how many of the members thought that a forfour was a Smart or not !!

Well surprisingly (or not) it sparked 16 pages or so of banter, bickering, slating, heated "debate" and non forfour owners getting a
bit tetchy about the whole subject which was great fun!!

There were also some amazing statements from the community such as "its not a smart because it has 4 wheel nuts not 3" and
"the engine is in the wrong place" and much debate about "re-badged" Mitsubishi Colts but in the end, the results were quite saddening :(

So here they are....

43% of those who polled think the forfour is a Smart
57% of those who polled think the forfour is not really a Smart (25% of these think its not even 1% smart)

Shame really, but no skin off my nose ! Most of us have graduated from ForTwo's and Roadsters, so we can still help them out, but
not many of them can help us out :)

Drive safe ...

JJ

« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 09:39:10 AM by CrazyG »

mr singh

• Global Moderator
  • Leeds
Re: forfour poll.......
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 07:18:15 AM »

You forgot to mention that the trid is 'painted on' as quoted by madam Poo
Oh, I still need to inform the DVLA about my fourged V5  ;) :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 09:34:07 AM by CrazyG »
Fortwo MK3 (2007-2010) Top speed 85 MPH. maxed* 98 MPH
Forfour 1.1 (2010-2015) Top speed 103 MPH. maxed* 110 MPH
Forfour 1.5 SB3 (2015>) Top speed 118 MPH. maxed* 122 MPH
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (11/21-06/22) never to be maxed
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (07/22>) Top speed 155MPH

*maxed in Germany

CrazyG

• Owner of 3x 454 + 3x ForTwo !
  • Administrator
  • London Heathrow airport area.
    • S2smarts
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 09:51:53 AM »

I joined in on that poll and repartee on Smartmaniacs, giving what I thought was a
'balanced' view as I own a couple of ForTwo's and a Roadster Coupé, but to no avail.
It would seem that those with the most opinions are stuck in a state of perpetual
'childhood' or the "mine's better than yours" childlike syndrome. I would feel sad for
them, but it is their choice to alienate themselves.

If you think about it logically, that poll was guaranteed to get a biased result. After all,
anyone who has graduated to ForFour ownership will have moved most of their
allegence to a more friendly site; such as ours; rather than continue to be ostrasized
by a small group of neandethals who 'prowl' most of the other Smart websites looking
for what they think are easy 'targets' to vent their frustrations at.
(I bet their wives boss them about...and/or they haven't got a dog to kick.......LOL..)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 12:58:53 PM by CrazyG »
454 - Brabus (mapped, Willwood brakes, coilovers etc etc)
454 - Passion CDi 95hp (manual, full Brab body kit, coilovers etc)
454 - Passion 1.3 (manual, Brab body kit, lowered etc) [SORN'd]
451 - Pulse Turbo [my daily drive] (mapped, coilovers etc)
450 - 'Widestar' Passion 700cc [SORN'd]

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 11:30:59 AM »

TBH, I was hoping that it would be a minority of people but sadly it wasn't - shame really!

Oh well, doesn't worry me in the slightest - but it was fun listening to the rubbish, rebutting it easily and then awaiting the next few lines of total rubbish!

It was amusing when other forfour owners pitched in and to the "non believers" this was just me getting all my mates to join in to help boost the votes!! I just kept laughing out loud ;)

Oh well......

JJ

Baggy

• xx Heart now pounding to a Forfour Brabus xx
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 01:51:06 PM »

oh well ... that just proves i was right to leave the *unfriendly forum * that maniacs is

xx
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 04:48:03 PM by CrazyG »
xx Heart 'was' beating with a 454 Pulse xx
    Now it's really poundin' with a 454 Brab !

LadyV

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 05:14:28 PM »

LOL that topic did make me laugh- I joined there back in October and could find nothing positive to write about until of course this debate...I seem to have rather annoyed some of the fellow "ForTwo only" brigade (hehehe) and still to this day cannot see what point they are making...I just simply don't get this whole debate if I'm honest....!
As for a certain member....the name really is suitable!! ;)

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 05:57:06 PM »

Happy new year V

I love it ;) makes me chuckle to myself !!

And we wonder why this site is soooo busy...

JJ

Unknown

• A spare part that no-one has a use for...
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 09:39:54 PM »

So on the basis on their arguments...

A Smart car should be rear wheel drive and the engine in the back with a tridion ?

Okay then here's a little something I was thinking of...

Mazda model line up

IIRC 2, 3 and 6 are all front engined and front wheel drive, MX5 front engined rwd (2, 3, 5, 6 all standard engines) and the RX8 is a rotary engine in the front powering the rear wheels. That's quite a diverse line up of models and engine/transmission set-ups, so what makes a Mazda ?

Lets try the VAG group next, that's even more diverse than most manufacturers around !

No one car manufacturer has a 'unique' line up that says the brand, yes in an ideal world a Porsche should be an air cooled flat six in the boot.

I find it so silly in this day age that everyone shares platforms and tech to save cost and boost profits, that peeps have to argue the fact whether a model is part of the brand.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:43:02 PM by CrazyG »
Alice (1.3 Pulse forfour) 2007 - 2012 Zoe (1.4 SE Corsa) 2012 -

mr singh

• Global Moderator
  • Leeds
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 09:49:46 PM »

Going slightly off topic... is it me or is madam poo (on Maniacs) a little... shall we say a Smart extremist, a fundamentalist Smart owner?
Painted trid hehe, still made me giggle...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:44:23 PM by CrazyG »

*maxed in Germany

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 10:30:08 PM »

Architect - you should read it all ... Its v funny and all these points were made as well as pointing out that many many car manufacturers share development costs and share chassis design but alas - nothing got through!

Even when G said he had many many smarts and was therefore unbiased and said that the forfour was a good car and he still got shot down and got told that although he has smart cars, I didn't mean he knew about smart cars!!

MrPoo is a great example of the generic smart owner who has zero idea about cars!!

;)

JJ

mr singh

• Global Moderator
  • Leeds
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 07:25:19 AM »

I bought, I think it was Auto Car last week, and they had a front page pull out (again stop sniggering, I can still see you !) and it said all the cars that will be coming on to the market in 2011, 2012 & 2013. and I saw something very interesting. there will be a Smart Fortwo+2  coming in 2012 and a new Smart Forfour in 2013. now here is something I don't get, the Fortwo+2 equals ForFour does it not, or is it going to have rear seats like the Toyota iQ, unusable ?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 09:01:47 AM by CrazyG »

*maxed in Germany

CrazyG

• Owner of 3x 454 + 3x ForTwo !
  • Administrator
  • London Heathrow airport area.
    • S2smarts
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 09:15:23 AM »

Your near enough spot on in your deciphering of the forthcoming ForTwo+2, it will be a la Toyota IQ.
It should really be described as a car 'ForTwo adults + 2 children' or 'ForTwo adults + 2 small or crushed adults'...
or to be more accurate.....dwarfs or midgets.    (No offence intended towards dwarfs and midgets intended)

It strikes me as a sort of 'inbetween' model for Smart owners who have now got children that do require the full sized
'luxury' of a ForFour just yet.....but who will eventually' if they want to stick with Smart; progress to a ForFour later. (Or an 'A' Class !)

As to the new ForFour in 2013...I think you'll find we all already knew about that....a proposed 'all metal' Twingo based derivative.

Who knows....when these new models do come out then maybe the 'fools' on Maniacs will have new targets to shoot at....hehehehe.  :D
They may even relent and welcome us as true Smart 'plastic panelled pals'.  (Yeah right ! !)  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 09:19:43 AM by CrazyG »
454 - Brabus (mapped, Willwood brakes, coilovers etc etc)
454 - Passion CDi 95hp (manual, full Brab body kit, coilovers etc)
454 - Passion 1.3 (manual, Brab body kit, lowered etc) [SORN'd]
451 - Pulse Turbo [my daily drive] (mapped, coilovers etc)
450 - 'Widestar' Passion 700cc [SORN'd]

Unknown

• A spare part that no-one has a use for...
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 12:57:37 PM »

Architect - you should read it all ... Its v funny and all these points were made as well as pointing out that many many car manufacturers share development costs and share chassis design but alas - nothing got through!

Even when G said he had many many smarts and was therefore unbiased and said that the forfour was a good car and he still got shot down and got told that although he has smart cars, I didn't mean he knew about smart cars!!

MrPoo is a great example of the generic smart owner who has zero idea about cars!!

;)

JJ

I got bored of reading the subject, same old tat that smart owners have to say about the forfour. They're just jealous that we don't have to have our engines rebuilt after 50k miles ;)

And yes MrPoo, aka whatever, her car is like "Trigger's Broom" - I don't know what part of that car is original!
Alice (1.3 Pulse forfour) 2007 - 2012 Zoe (1.4 SE Corsa) 2012 -

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 01:44:13 PM »

Haha!! It's great to have a good debate where the other side is sooo completely weak ;)

Anyway, no more bitching.... The forfour is part of the smart brand, it wasn't a success (but neither was the roadster or the crossblade) and yes it was a collaboration with Mitsubishi but all those things are good as you get reliability (mitsu), exclusivity (low numbers) and high spec (merc)

I love my car ;)

JJ

Razvan.M

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 04:23:20 PM »

The forfour is part of the smart brand, it wasn't a success (but neither was the roadster or the crossblade) and yes it was a collaboration with Mitsubishi but all those things are good as you get reliability (mitsu), exclusivity (low numbers) and high spec (merc)

I love my car ;)

JJ
Couldn't  agree with you more JJ  ::)
Pages: [1] 2