forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Back Once Again, for another Forfour  (Read 9961 times)

CrazyG

• Owner of 3x 454 + 3x ForTwo !
  • Administrator
  • London Heathrow airport area.
    • S2smarts
Re: Back Once Again, for another Forfour
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2021, 10:51:05 AM »

Ok.....so we have a 'disagreement' or difference of opinion here...facts or no facts.
I am sure some of it is down to 'language' AND cultural differences, but PLEASE
can we try not make a big thing about it all.  Thanks.

I would prefer it (only just) if the term 'crap' were not used in reference to
our 454's as I would hazard that the majority of owners are none to keen on hearing
them being referred to as 'crap'. I myself find it a little distasteful, so can I
also request that it is no longer used in any future posts or it will be 'editted' out.
Why not use 'old and worn' when referring to particular items/parts ?

Call the 454 whatever you like 'off' the Forum, but PLEASE..not 'on' the Forum.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 10:53:18 AM by CrazyG »
454 - Brabus (mapped, Willwood brakes, coilovers etc etc)
454 - Passion CDi 95hp (manual, full Brab body kit, coilovers etc)
454 - Passion 1.3 (manual, Brab body kit, lowered etc) [SORN'd]
451 - Pulse Turbo [my daily drive] (mapped, coilovers etc)
450 - 'Widestar' Passion 700cc [SORN'd]

Bari87

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2021, 11:10:54 AM »

You can not have differences on hard facts which have been measured by professionals with equipment that is more expensive then the actually car today. Hard facts and numbers speed to decibel. Just accept it that both cars Corsa C + 454 have the same dB-Values on the asked 70mph speed. Especially if yourself have never done a 1:1 comparison with measurement equipment on both cars when they have been new and not after decades of wear and torture at street. Just think on old engine and transmission mounts how much they affect noise inside the car etc Or a 454 weak point when have been on bad conditions: Rust under the roof on the glue points, defective gum seals with electrical roof etc. There are so many points which affects inside noise while a car gets old. Nothing ever to compare with new delivery, realize that. 100% bet that a 16yrs old 454 (or same age Corsa C) in common hands will produce more then >71/72db @80mph like it has been measured when it was new. But that isnt gilty from the car, its shame from the owner.

Old and worn its too much words for writting with smartphone and not the same 'old and worn' audio system for example supposed that when you restore it, it will be good - but even new and not worn it will be still / have been crap. Crap is just one quick word and its nothing bad, its just crap or garbage no matter if 454 or Corsa C in our days or like asshole in greek is something which you are calling your friends or kurva mac in polska is just sh*t happens etc. Step over your local borders. Despite them i am the one who is defendig the 454 at this thread while telling that its not more worse then any other MiniCar from the same year while driving at 70mph.

Its just not a fat Jaguar/Benz/Bentley.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 02:28:33 PM by Bari87 »

mr singh

• Global Moderator
  • Leeds
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2021, 07:39:26 PM »

Despite them i am the one who is defendig the 454

doesnt seam that you are defending the 454 with your choice of words!

id rather use my ears over what an electronic device tells me. while a db meter will say a car is quiet, your ears may say otherwise.
even with my poor hearing after working in the motor trade for near enough 18 years, i can tell that the 454 is a noisy car, over the equivalent corsas and fiestas.
Fortwo MK3 (2007-2010) Top speed 85 MPH. maxed* 98 MPH
Forfour 1.1 (2010-2015) Top speed 103 MPH. maxed* 110 MPH
Forfour 1.5 SB3 (2015>) Top speed 118 MPH. maxed* 122 MPH
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (11/21-06/22) never to be maxed
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (07/22>) Top speed 155MPH

*maxed in Germany

Bari87

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2021, 07:49:59 PM »

Always on the objective Side of life. Not making something better or worst then it is.

Your ears are a very bad instrument, believe me since i've done much more on HiFi Competitions that you can even imagine. Just make the tests i've written above and you will understand. Thats why police will measure with spl-meter your exhaust and not by their ears (thanks god)

I've never said that a MiniCar from 2004 is 'quiet'. I just said that at 70mph its totally wayne if its a 454, Colt Z30, Corsa C (thoose 3). And its been prooved by professionals with equipment - when this cars whas new (important point, just accept it).

If your ears are telling you that a >10yrs old car A is louder then a >10yrs old car B - i believe you. But it has nothing to say - cause you are not comparing new cars and your ears are not calibrated. Like my ears too of course. Thats why you always set up a HiFi System with professional equipment for Equalizing/FilterSection/Time Alignment/Phase Correction etc.

Hope its understandable. Over and out
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 08:28:08 PM by Bari87 »

jmariog

• North London
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2021, 09:39:57 PM »

I think the. outcome to all this is "get a Brabus"
Cooper mini moke 0 to 40 5seconds 40 up weeks
BMW CSLi 'bat mobile', Alpine A310 v6,
Marcos Mantis 1976 v6, 454 Passion 1.5 AMT,
454 Passion 1.1, 454 Brabus
Pages: 1 [2]