forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Petrol Biofuel E10  (Read 10330 times)

mr singh

• Global Moderator
  • Leeds
Re: Petrol Biofuel E10
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2021, 08:39:16 PM »

With E10 you will have more fuel consumation for identical performamce since it haves less energy inside.

if a fuel has less 'energy', surely you will have a drop in power, even if it isnt noticeable to the driver?!

how can you have the same power whiles using a fuel that doesnt produce a a big bang. isnt that the difference with 95 and 98+? 98 is more 'energy dense' over 95, so it produces a bigger bang, bigger bang = more power

plus how many owners out there fill there car and keep them stood for a long period of time?! anyone who is keeping there car in long term storage, or dont use that often will not brim the tank, and if they do, they will more than likely drain the tank and use the fuel in other ways. plus the amount of drivers that i see filling up a full tank seams very rare. i often see £10/£15/£20 worth of fuel before i lift the pump and proceed to put £60+ worth of fuel and that tank lasts me roughly 2 weeks

G, how many cars do you have? and how many of them have full tanks of fuel? and how many are stood for long periods of time?

plus, doesnt fuel (E10 or not) go stale if it isnt used?

i understand the issues with E10, but this sounds a lot like the 'EV bashing' we had with JJs EV posts.

E10 is here to stay unfortunately. if you have an issue with using it, you have other options. sell you petrol car and buy a diesel, or start using premium which is still E5.

and can i politely ask that harsh and strong language kept to a minimum or not used at all. we are all adults here, but this is a public forum. if strong language is used, what kind of impression are we giving potential joiners or browsers.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 08:45:12 PM by mr singh »
Fortwo MK3 (2007-2010) Top speed 85 MPH. maxed* 98 MPH
Forfour 1.1 (2010-2015) Top speed 103 MPH. maxed* 110 MPH
Forfour 1.5 SB3 (2015>) Top speed 118 MPH. maxed* 122 MPH
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (11/21-06/22) never to be maxed
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (07/22>) Top speed 155MPH

*maxed in Germany

Bari87

Re: Petrol Biofuel E10
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2021, 12:02:39 AM »

Quick'n'dirty:

I measured that years ago on my M111ML.
With >98octane i got always 0,5-0,8L less consumation then with 95 octane E5 (stock ECU runs @95octane) - while driving always exactly the same (99% city)

It does not require to put the throttle always to the ground to notice a difference. The difference is always there even if you are a honk - you see it at ignition timing.

So why should someone put E10 inside if not for economical aspect - which is not happen cause of more consumation?! Not understandable - at least for me.

But sure you can put it inside and when car is not standing lot (fuel exchange) and you are a honk who dont feel Performance differences at all, nothing will happen / all fine.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 09:16:22 AM by Bari87 »
Pages: 1 [2]