forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: fkin pikey gits.....  (Read 6785 times)

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
  • 100 smiles per gallon........... BRISTOL, UK
    • EVILUTION
fkin pikey gits.....
« on: November 28, 2010, 06:45:53 PM »

well just got back from a weekend away..... first thing i notice is my BRAB is covered in frozen snow - brrrrr!!

THEN i notice my passenger wing mirror.......dangling on the wire!!

some little sh!ts (excuse my language) have been down our street knocking people's wing mirrors off...... about 4 on our street and 3 on the next!

its pulled the spring part of the mirror out through the mounting plate (and broken it a bit) plus its cracked the body coloured casing (but right near the hinge so it can be glued and hidden till i find a replacement)

managed to push it all back together for now but its minus 3 outside :(

what a pile of poo!!

so if anyone has a a passenger side wing mirror mount laying around - please let me know :(

JJ

Timelord Mitchturbo

• Timelord
Re: fkin pikey gits.....
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 07:10:37 PM »

Awww nooo JJ!  :o
 :( It seems like a few of our forfours are going through the wars this winter  :(

I hope you manage to fix your wing mirror soon and that its not too costly.
Unfortunately Kids will be Kids. Nothing will be done unless they get caught doing it.
If anything will be done at all.
Hope the rest of your Brabus is alright and healthy.

basilbrush

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 07:26:30 PM »

Sometime in 1970 on a sunday afternoon I had a knock on the door. Two big policemen one holding my wing mirror knocked off two weeks earlier with a label bearing my registration number. Returning your property sir ( admittedly damaged beyond repair) we caught them at the bottom of the road and they've been prosecuted. Sounds like a fairy story now doesn't it?
Sadly now one is more likely to be done for calling them names.

CrazyG

• Owner of 3x 454 + 3x ForTwo !
  • Administrator
  • London Heathrow airport area.
    • S2smarts
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 04:25:44 PM »

Know the feling re those little sh#ts....my daughter had her drivers one broken when parked
in the off street area near her house. Worse things is..the local Authority changed the street lights
from dim orange to bright white so that the yobs could be seen easier...Ha !!!  Good idea, but it's
backfired as the s@ds can now see clearly what they're rippin n breakin off ! !   According to local
cops the vandalism rate has now increased, not decreased !
Oh n mirrors are a devil of a job to get your hands on ...new or second hand. Cost me enough
getting a s/hand one for her. Expensive..even the manual ones. Hate to think of cost for full electric
and heated ones.
454 - Brabus (mapped, Willwood brakes, coilovers etc etc)
454 - Passion CDi 95hp (manual, full Brab body kit, coilovers etc)
454 - Passion 1.3 (manual, Brab body kit, lowered etc) [SORN'd]
451 - Pulse Turbo [my daily drive] (mapped, coilovers etc)
450 - 'Widestar' Passion 700cc [SORN'd]

Alex

• Romania
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 05:07:49 PM »

You can do a transplant of the electronics and mirror glass onto a manual adjustable wing mirror and save some money that way. I was very lucky to find a manually adjustable RH side mirror for only 20 euros that had just the glass missing. I took out the internals and fixed my LHS mirror that wouldn't adjust anymore because the joystick had snapped one of the cable retainers, and then put in it the motor and glass from an electric RH mirror that had snapped of in an accident. So they are fully compatible and LH and RH and manual to electric. Just find any cheap mirror and fix yours.

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
  • 100 smiles per gallon........... BRISTOL, UK
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 05:29:29 PM »

The mirror housing is ok - its the 'A' pillar mount that's broken but I think I have managed to fix it....

JJ
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 09:00:24 AM by CrazyG »

Unknown

• A spare part that no-one has a use for...
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 06:46:58 PM »

Its a pig just to replace the turn signal lamp in the wing mirror, had to change that after some tw@ decided not to use the passing point on their side of the road... BANG and my lamp was smashed!!

Good luck getting it properly fixed up!
Alice (1.3 Pulse forfour) 2007 - 2012 Zoe (1.4 SE Corsa) 2012 -