forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: S2SMarts - top marks  (Read 5742 times)

Tinyflier

• Warrington (ish) - Lancs.
S2SMarts - top marks
« on: June 03, 2018, 01:21:41 PM »

Booked in yesterday for service and a "little re-map" on my Brabus.

As usual (for me!) things turned out a little more complicated! Rob and Tony found my car wasn't pulling as well as it ought to and when we delved further into the service book and receipts not only did Rob find that it had NEVER had new plugs (recorded miles 77k), but also it hadn't had the timing belt changed (there is a non Smart service receipt that says it had but it appears that was simply an external V Belt).

Rob sourced new plugs (Saturday afternoon!) and once they were fitted it massively improved the car and Tony was then able to apply the remap. I think it is now about 210 bhp and it does get down the road rather nicely now. Be heading back in a couple of weeks to get timing belt etc changed.

Also picked up a boxed set of Monoblocks I'd bought from Rob many MANY MONTHS ago - not sure if I'll fit them or not as I rather like the standard Brabus items (had them refurbed when I bought the car and they appear be ROUND all over!). Will store the Monblocks "just in case"!

So top marks to Rob and Tony - was interesting to see some "S2Crew" stuff in his cabinets - in fact it was me who produced the S2Crew badges  (and other S2 regalia) - one of which is on display - when I had my much modified LHD coupe many years ago.

Was def worth the hike up from Cardiff!

Had a good look around Rob's racing ForFour and also met CrazyG when I was there.

David
Brabus 454
Audi RS4 Avant