forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ForFour BANNERs (info)  (Read 20748 times)

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
  • 100 smiles per gallon........... BRISTOL, UK
    • EVILUTION
Re: ForFour BANNERs (info)
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 07:50:47 PM »

Confused much!?!? I am :(

JJ

mr singh

• Global Moderator
  • Leeds
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 08:06:33 PM »

Confused much!?!? I am :(

JJ

im in the same boat as you jj!
Fortwo MK3 (2007-2010) Top speed 85 MPH. maxed* 98 MPH
Forfour 1.1 (2010-2015) Top speed 103 MPH. maxed* 110 MPH
Forfour 1.5 SB3 (2015>) Top speed 118 MPH. maxed* 122 MPH
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (11/21-06/22) never to be maxed
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (07/22>) Top speed 155MPH

*maxed in Germany

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 08:21:06 PM »

well i am now informed but i will leave it to G to update you all (i like adding to the suspense)

JJ

CrazyG

• Owner of 3x 454 + 3x ForTwo !
  • Administrator
  • London Heathrow airport area.
    • S2smarts
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2010, 09:16:28 AM »

well i am now informed but i will leave it to G to update you all (i like adding to the suspense)

JJ

Right folks...time for an update on the banners thingy.

I managed to ascertain (it took some doing) that these banners were not the one's that were stolen. (that was a relief)
I also found out that there was a third banner which hadn't yet been put up for auction...but that could be obtained
if the right amount of folding greenbacks were exchanged !
Said exchange duly took place and I found myself in possession of a banner on the day before the 2010 Festival !
As it was 'impossible' (too much effort more like) for Smart/MB/anyone to organise the small group of ForFours that attend
the Fest into their own little area, it would have been pointless for me to have 'flown the flag' over just one car.

Next year's Smart Fesival 2011...
It really is my deepest wish, that next year we can agree and organise a suitable time and place to rendezvous as many ForFours
together as possible before parading in convoy to the Festival, and to then park 'en masse' and secure our own little enclave/area
where we can proudly fly the ForFour banner for everyone to see !
There should not be any 'discrimination' as to whose website you are a member of (or not) at any meeting...we should just be a group
of proud, friendly and happy owners of one of the best cars Smart ever made.....the ForFour.

The ebay auction banners...
So what happened to the 2 banners that were due to end in the morning of the Sunday after the 2010 Smart Festival ? ?
Well, as it happens, I managed to win the auction for the first 1  !
As to 2nd one.....I am now aware of who received it... unexpectedly and completely 'out of the blue' as a surprise birthday present.
No, it was not me !  But I've agreed with the person concerned not to disclose who.
It has a good home, but it may 'fly' at a ForFour meet every now and then, ok.

My 2 banners...what next ?
As I now have 2, I have decided as a jesture of 'friendship and fellowship of the owners of the Smart ForFour' to donate one
to ForFourOwners, with the understanding that it is used to promote the ForFour for everyone, no matter what website they
may be a member of (or not as the case may be).
As I live 'down South'  and there are owners of ForFours who live 'North of Watford', I have decided to entrust this banner
to Baggylicious to have sole control over and use at ANY meets 'up North' that involve or have the presence of ForFours.

Ok, so what about ANY ForFour meetings 'down South' then ? ?
The other banner I have will be available to be displayed at ANY of those meetings too.....
If I cannot make it to a meeting that has ForFours at, then I will entrust it to someone who is going, and who will return it to me.

One last thing....as these banners would hang 'a*s about face' due to the reinforced mountings being stitched on the bottom edge
instead of the top, I'm going to have them unpicked and relocated to the top edge so that the banner can be strung out between poles.
This will be done before they can/will be available.
454 - Brabus (mapped, Willwood brakes, coilovers etc etc)
454 - Passion CDi 95hp (manual, full Brab body kit, coilovers etc)
454 - Passion 1.3 (manual, Brab body kit, lowered etc) [SORN'd]
451 - Pulse Turbo [my daily drive] (mapped, coilovers etc)
450 - 'Widestar' Passion 700cc [SORN'd]

Baggy

• xx Heart now pounding to a Forfour Brabus xx
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2010, 10:50:18 AM »

I'm honoured to be asked to fly the flag xx
If there are any meets up north I cant get to & Mr Singh - Lalli-G can make it I'll pass it to him as he lives not far from me so it will be shared  , plus we are members of both forums so any meets organised by either forum  will mean the flag is flown xx or infact any other cos I know both him and me are members of other smart sites .
I'm planning on going to smartzstock again next year so it will deffo be flown there !

Brooklands next year ... As mentioned i agree that we should try to meet at Tesco Brooklands & tube down together if possible - i know this has been mentioned on forfourowner too so it would be great to get all of us together beforehand & park up together xx
I got there at 9.30am this year half an hour before it officially opened & was the right time to get there before the photo queues got too bad ! plus managed to park not too far down the row ;) we'll have to see what arrangements smart release for next years event & then plan plan plan !!

xxx
Baggy
xx Heart 'was' beating with a 454 Pulse xx
    Now it's really poundin' with a 454 Brab !

evilution

• Administrator
    • evilution
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2010, 12:28:50 PM »

Instead of leaving a whole bunch of forfours in the car park, why not apply for a forfour.co.uk stand next year and put 5 selected cars on it, get a proper pair of flag poles and fly one from each end of the stand. Have flyers, t-shirts, vinyl and a choice bit of forfour stuff you can sell. That way you have 11 months to get it arranged and to do all the things to your car that you want to.
A stand at Booklands costs nothing, your car gets seen instead of lost in the car park, you have somewhere to sit, meet and greet, plus people will see the unusual parts of your car.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 12:31:42 PM by Evilution »

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2010, 05:14:25 PM »

Sounds like a really good idea to me ;)

JJ

Baggy

• xx Heart now pounding to a Forfour Brabus xx
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2010, 06:01:34 PM »

Instead of leaving a whole bunch of forfours in the car park, why not apply for a forfour.co.uk stand next year and put 5 selected cars on it, get a proper pair of flag poles and fly one from each end of the stand. Have flyers, t-shirts, vinyl and a choice bit of forfour stuff you can sell. That way you have 11 months to get it arranged and to do all the things to your car that you want to.
A stand at Booklands costs nothing, your car gets seen instead of lost in the car park, you have somewhere to sit, meet and greet, plus people will see the unusual parts of your car.

Excellent idea !!

xx
xx Heart 'was' beating with a 454 Pulse xx
    Now it's really poundin' with a 454 Brab !

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 06:07:26 PM »

how are FFO getting on with the banner??

I can't wait to see ours up and flowing ;)

JJ

mr singh

• Global Moderator
  • Leeds
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 07:50:08 PM »

i know its early but are there any ideas for a forfour.co.uk stand at brooklands next year?
Fortwo MK3 (2007-2010) Top speed 85 MPH. maxed* 98 MPH
Forfour 1.1 (2010-2015) Top speed 103 MPH. maxed* 110 MPH
Forfour 1.5 SB3 (2015>) Top speed 118 MPH. maxed* 122 MPH
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (11/21-06/22) never to be maxed
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (07/22>) Top speed 155MPH

*maxed in Germany

CrazyG

• Owner of 3x 454 + 3x ForTwo !
  • Administrator
  • London Heathrow airport area.
    • S2smarts
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 08:04:51 PM »

i know its early but are there any ideas for a forfour.co.uk stand at brooklands next year?

I've taken Evil's idea on board and will go all out to get a stand at next year's Smart Festival.

I've had 'my' banner modified now...I labouriously unpicked the stiching on the bottom where the clips wit the band was
and had it moved to the top edge.  I'm now just looking for some 'weights' to put in the bottom....sort of like loads of small
lead shot fishing weights..so that it will hand well.  I've got a possible source for two light weight fibreglass poles....just
leaving the base plates to make up and a line to string between them.

But hey......the next Festival is a long ways off and it will all be ready by then.....And I'll book it as just a plain 'forfour' stand......
as it will without doubt have owners cars on it from ForFour.co.uk & ForFourOwners.com   ;D
after all...it will be the ForFour that we'll be 'promoting' at the Festival as there's more than enough done for the ForTwo and Roadsters.
Maybe both banners will fly together.....who knows...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 07:02:21 AM by CrazyG »
454 - Brabus (mapped, Willwood brakes, coilovers etc etc)
454 - Passion CDi 95hp (manual, full Brab body kit, coilovers etc)
454 - Passion 1.3 (manual, Brab body kit, lowered etc) [SORN'd]
451 - Pulse Turbo [my daily drive] (mapped, coilovers etc)
450 - 'Widestar' Passion 700cc [SORN'd]

evilution

• Administrator
    • evilution
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2010, 02:43:57 AM »

I think you might be taking the diplomacy a little too far, we would be there to promote the site so personally I think if FFO want to have a stand then that's great, let them do it, it'll double the number of forfour stands. Having 2 sites on 1 stand is gonna cause problems as some people on each wouldn't want to make an effort if it benefitted the other site.

I say keep it simple and do our own thing.

LadyV

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2010, 09:03:01 AM »

But hey......the next Festival is a long ways off and it will all be ready by then.....And I'll book it as just a plain 'forfour' stand......
as it will without doubt have owners cars on it from ForFour.co.uk & ForFourOwners.com   ;D
after all...it will be the ForFour that we'll be 'promoting' at the Festival as there's more than enough done for the ForTwo and Roadsters.
Maybe both banners will fly together.....who knows...

I have to agree with CrazyG on this one- I feel that there is enough segregation at the Smart Festival as there is....we've all said (at some point) that we feel that it's more like a ForTwo Festival.
I say we promote the ForFour- of course we can also promote this site too, however I do believe we are mature enough to be under the same stand as FFO should they also choose to come along and promote the ForFour in this way.
Besides, most people that are on FFO are also on this site now too....
I have absolutely no problems at all promoting this site, but keep the cars together ;)

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2010, 09:53:46 PM »

i don't think its about being "mature" as i don't think there are any issues - there defo isn't any from here but lots of members of both perceive an issue so i can only think its being fuelled by over active imaginations.....??

....i think its more about logistics than anything......being focussed is a more effective approach. a general approach will be watered down and unorganised.

and as you say V......in a fortwo dominated environment - having 2 x forfour stands would be much more effective, especially if they were next to each other as that would be awesome!! flag flying on each stand!!

tbh though - its just gonna be a gazebo with some cars :)

JJ

evilution

• Administrator
    • evilution
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2010, 10:04:11 PM »

Plus if you all shared 1 stand you'd have to decide between you who was displaying their cars and that's 2.5 cars per forum.
2 stands (not next to each other) doubles the number of forfours being shown.

It's not about maturity or "them and us" it's simply down to logistics. Too many cooks and all that.
Pages: 1 [2]