forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: WOF or MOT in the UK  (Read 7952 times)

steddie eddie

• Retired Engineer in New Zealand
WOF or MOT in the UK
« on: September 22, 2016, 12:44:35 AM »

G'day there,
I went with my Smart forfour for my WOF yesterday and got it with flying colours, as she has now done 97000km, i thought they might find something wrong here or there but no, even the tires were ok but the left front is down to 3mm and will get replaced in the near future together with the right front one and i like to go to 195/55R15, as they are just that little bigger and fill the wheel arches a bit nicer to my liking, but i will compare the price difference between the 195/50R15 and the 195/55R15 tires, it will also correct the speedo a bit more to the correct speed.
Greetings,
Eddie.
2004 Passion 1.5 petrol AMT,19.15km per litre.... 5.22liter 100km.... 54.1mpg....that is average.

Scoobysook

• SW London
Re: WOF or MOT in the UK
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 07:42:55 AM »

Good to hear. No unexpected surprise s

Brabs

• 2x forfour, 1x 451, 1x Lomax 223 - Devon
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 08:44:40 AM »

Obviously a well maintained FF!  :)
Open Your Mind... to a smart.
I did, to a generation 1 forfour 1.1 with 'Passion', a Silver generation 1 forfour 'Brabus' Xclusive and a fortwo 451 'night orange' edition ;~)

Alex

• Romania
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 08:49:09 AM »

Bigger tires are heavier and will increase acceleration and braking efforts, making the car feel more sluggish. By what degree, it depends on the weight difference between your actual tires and the new ones. In case the 55's are too heavy you can move them to the rear.

steddie eddie

• Retired Engineer in New Zealand
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 09:33:10 PM »

G'day Brabs,
A well maintained car huh.....,in the nearly 2 years i have had my forfour i have done next to nothing to it, beside sheck the back shocks and tires, those cars are so good, there is no  maintenance to be done beside an oil change once every 20000km.....lol.
Greetings,
Eddie.
2004 Passion 1.5 petrol AMT,19.15km per litre.... 5.22liter 100km.... 54.1mpg....that is average.

brulaw

• There is only one brubus ......... S E London .
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 05:36:57 PM »

Glad to hear another forfour passed it's yearly test  ( mine passed our MOT last week )   :)

ForFour  ....... It knows it's  smart .
www.forfour.co.uk

Brabs

• 2x forfour, 1x 451, 1x Lomax 223 - Devon
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 06:42:01 PM »

G'day Brabs,
A well maintained car huh.....,in the nearly 2 years i have had my forfour i have done next to nothing to it, beside sheck the back shocks and tires, those cars are so good, there is no  maintenance to be done beside an oil change once every 20000km.....lol.
Greetings,
Eddie.

Well, I can't say that totally I agree with that really. On both of my forfours as well as the yearly (half yearly on the Brab) oil and filter changes I also change the cabin filters. I also perform a maintenance check on the brakes. Have just changed the plugs on the 1.1. Considering the mileage that I do, I do that every other year and every third year on the Brab. Also brake fluid every other year on both. Coolant every three years. Both cars have ITG air filters, so they don't need changing. Wiper blades every Autumn. But, as you say, apart from routine top ups of washer fluid, tyre pressures and depths, check the aux' belts there isn't much else to do. Oh, Brab cam belt every six years or so.
 ;)
Open Your Mind... to a smart.
I did, to a generation 1 forfour 1.1 with 'Passion', a Silver generation 1 forfour 'Brabus' Xclusive and a fortwo 451 'night orange' edition ;~)