forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Why did you choose the Forfour specifically  (Read 10834 times)

shagpile

Why did you choose the Forfour specifically
« on: June 23, 2011, 01:13:50 AM »

Just curious, nothing more.

Wolf

Re: Why did you choose the Forfour specifically
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 05:27:37 AM »

Hey ! I'm not Smart addicted..... Just wanted a little and comfortable car, with high power and 5 doors. And the Forfour Brabus is the only one car with those specifications... Some cars are powerful and little, but with 3 doors... Others have 5 doors, but are to big or with less HP...

The Forfour Brabus is a chimera become reality !  8)

Unknown

• A spare part that no-one has a use for...
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 07:11:41 AM »

I wanted a decent sized hatchback, with an auto box, diesel and could fit my lanky frame. Ended up with a 1332cc softouch Pulse which has done the job up to now but is now too small and underpowered for my commute to work and two German Shepards. lol

Oh and the forfour is coping well with 80+ mile round trip I do daily, inc. crossing the Humber Bridge BUT I never cross if its windy and I have less than a quarter of tank! lol
Alice (1.3 Pulse forfour) 2007 - 2012 Zoe (1.4 SE Corsa) 2012 -

mr singh

• Global Moderator
  • Leeds
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 07:29:05 AM »

My old man didn't want me to get another ForTwo. I was thinking about buying a Roadster (before i wrote off my ForTwo) which had been traded in at work, I managed to convince myself into not buying it and keep my ForTwo until the end, so when it was written off I started looking for a new car and my dad didn't want me to buy a Smart car, full stop, but my ForFour caught my eye on t'eBay, it was different from all the others that were on there and stood out the most, I kept seeing it but didn't look at the ad, but eventually I looked, went to view in Birmingham a week after whilst on my training course in Leamington Apa, and the rest is history as they say.
Now my dad loves it and won't give me the keys... in fact I hear me keys jingling now... *shoots off to stop dad*
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 04:04:58 PM by CrazyG »
Fortwo MK3 (2007-2010) Top speed 85 MPH. maxed* 98 MPH
Forfour 1.1 (2010-2015) Top speed 103 MPH. maxed* 110 MPH
Forfour 1.5 SB3 (2015>) Top speed 118 MPH. maxed* 122 MPH
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (11/21-06/22) never to be maxed
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (07/22>) Top speed 155MPH

*maxed in Germany

limited-one

• Rhein-Ruhr-Smarts
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 12:09:51 PM »

I´m a crazy Smart Fan. And I don´t wanna drive my 450 Cabrio in the Winter time.
Another 42 was not the yellow from the egg in my eyes.
My Roadster time was 2004 and so I took the 44.
At the begining I didn´t like the design, but now with my modifications I love the 44
(even I want now more Power ;) )
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 12:07:56 PM by CrazyG »

Mull

• Hypno4health
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 04:08:02 PM »

Bought for my wife (and me) as something individual and different. Wife didn't like small cars but accepted that is what we needed (I get a company car so the family wheels are sorted). We shortlisted the following:-
Puma ~ couldn't get behind the wheel.
A Class ~ decided we weren't in our 50's
A2 ~ Very clever package but dull
Forfour ~ everything just seemed so right  ;D

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
  • 100 smiles per gallon........... BRISTOL, UK
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 06:48:45 PM »

Because it looks awesome and because the BRAB is actually a REALLY quick car !

Car spotted on Merc Approved Used after spending 3 months looking for a good spec
and doing my research.

Car was in York (I'm in Bristol)

Negotiated with York Merc over email (god I was cheeky)

It was 18months old and had just been reduced from £11500 to £10995
and I got it for £9500 !
I never even went to see it, nor had I ever even sat in a ForFour, let alone driven one......
but I enjoyed the fortwo and the community.

Baby on the way at the time, and really didn't want him to be sat in a ForTwo,
plus the engine blowing up really bothered me !

So here I am....

JJ
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 12:11:07 PM by CrazyG »

br4BUS

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 06:58:50 PM »

Hiya guys... what can I say. The Smart ForFour in my eyes is truly something different. I've had my Brabus for around 3 years now and I love it. I don't see myself ever letting this car go. As I speak my car is at Merc Sheffield. Picking it back up tomorrow...just had all the paint work done and new set of alloys, cam belt and full service. Can't wait to pick up. Until you have had a Smart ForFour no one understands.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:02:05 PM by CrazyG »

Mull

• Hypno4health
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 08:37:46 PM »

Hiya guys... what can I say. The Smart ForFour in my eyes is truly something different. I've had my Brabus for around 3 years now and I love it. I don't see myself ever letting this car go. As I speak my car is at Merc Sheffield. Picking it back up tomorrow...just had all the paint work done and new set of alloys, cam belt and full service. Can't wait to pick up. Until you have had a Smart ForFour no one understands.
I can totally relate to the last comment, people just don't get the ForFour
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:02:34 PM by CrazyG »

mr singh

• Global Moderator
  • Leeds
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 10:14:47 PM »

people just don't get the forfour

'Mr Poo' (who is actually a lady!) on maniacs for instance!
Fortwo MK3 (2007-2010) Top speed 85 MPH. maxed* 98 MPH
Forfour 1.1 (2010-2015) Top speed 103 MPH. maxed* 110 MPH
Forfour 1.5 SB3 (2015>) Top speed 118 MPH. maxed* 122 MPH
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (11/21-06/22) never to be maxed
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (07/22>) Top speed 155MPH

*maxed in Germany

shagpile

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 02:11:18 AM »

Nice to see I started a good discussion. :)

Interesting though that I am at present the only voter on the "because it was a manual" answer.

This was the 3rd car I ever owned and due to working from home I thought it was time to down size. I loved the ForTwo's looks. Really wanted one. Until I drove my next door neighbors. The jerky gear box and the lack of tight 90 degree turning completely put me off there and then. So I literally went back to my PC to look for a ForTwo with a proper manual gear box. Liked the look of the 44 as never saw one before in detail. Went to look at a black 1.5 brabus but the guy in the show room really wound me and my girlfriend up. A proper 'Fagin' type. After a quick chat I was expecting his next words to be either would you like a test drive ? (Seeing as I never drove one before) or OK, sleep on it and come back tomorrow. Instead he went in with, well do you want to drive home in it today then ? We had already declared from the hello that I was signing nothing today.

So, we then went to see the silver diesel closer to home. To my amazement, I liked it. Me... liking a diesel. (Last car was a 2lt sport Astra twintop which flew)
So had a chat, went back a few times. 3 test drives later and I got it.

So yeah, if they made a 42 with a real gearbox I would have one of them. If the guy at the first garage had not been as pushy, dirty and smelly I would've have a Brabus.

In the end, tbh I genuinely think I turned out with the best car for me. Economical and can take camping.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:05:30 PM by CrazyG »

JonoC

• 1.5 CDI Forfour Running on TD 16" Pro 1.2s
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 11:47:25 AM »

Limited- one is that your Brabus on your last post ?

It looks lovely :) you had the alloys powder coated ?

Anyway I think in my ICE post I said its an unusual car, there isn't that many dotted about really compared to your bog standard cars ie., Fiesta's, Corsas, Puntos other hot hatches, I wanted a car different from the start.  I didnt want a Clio, the handling is bad on them things ! Test drove mine once just after I had passed, not that I know much about cars after being 2 years into driving but even the diesel engines pull, I've had a go in Corsa 1.4 diesel and it feels so sluggish. Drive 1.8 vans all the time and they feel slow to. Mind you they have different ECU settings for vans don't they ?

I like diesel to :) I like how it rev's lower and changing gear generally isnt jerky, unless you rev the sausages off it and lift clutch to the next gear quick haha.

Anyway, yeah, I think I've said this before some where, I'd love to dub out my Smart ForFour, but with insurance at the minute it's not worth it.

Put some coilovers on, space the wheels and get banded steelies 15" :) That's just me, though I think ,the cars pretty wide itself. It would look cool a bit 'Euroed out'.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:09:29 PM by CrazyG »
Meditate On Bassweight - DMZ

CrazyG

• Owner of 3x 454 + 3x ForTwo !
  • Administrator
  • London Heathrow airport area.
    • S2smarts
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 11:13:08 PM »

limited-one.....You should take your ForFour to the Smart Meets for a change..and show all the ForTwo and Roadster owners
that there is another Smart about that is every bit as good....and just as cool...if not really super cool like your car is.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 06:24:47 AM by CrazyG »
454 - Brabus (mapped, Willwood brakes, coilovers etc etc)
454 - Passion CDi 95hp (manual, full Brab body kit, coilovers etc)
454 - Passion 1.3 (manual, Brab body kit, lowered etc) [SORN'd]
451 - Pulse Turbo [my daily drive] (mapped, coilovers etc)
450 - 'Widestar' Passion 700cc [SORN'd]

limited-one

• Rhein-Ruhr-Smarts
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 03:00:55 PM »

@JonoC, it´s not a Brabus. Just the Brabus Parts ;) 
The wheels are painted outside in ice white, inside in deep black.
http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-qtgeoAI3d_4/TTFuP_a7xhI/AAAAAAAAJWY/GCXKRtFFV2Y/s640/Felge_BB_01_k.jpeg

btw. what happend here now?!!? My last comment is gone and now i can´t move pics in my post :(

@CrazyG: - I went to the Smart Baltic 2011 Meet at the end of May, I was there with my 44 :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 06:26:09 AM by CrazyG »

LadyV

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 04:22:22 PM »

I've always liked Smarts but I feel that the ForTwo is way too small and I needed something to accommodate up to four people plus luggage.
Also I do a lot of Motorway driving and felt that the ForFour would handle better on the Motorways.

I would have a ForTwo as a second car.

The ForFour is also great for city driving.

The car is unique and a lot of people comment on how attractive it looks....these are just some of the reasons why I chose a ForFour...although I originally went to the garage looking for another VW (I had always driven VWs before I bought Smartie B).

After I made the purchase and told my friend where I bought it from, he immediately knew I bought "the black and white Smart" :P
Pages: [1] 2