Forum > General Smart Chat

Buying a BRABUS

<< < (2/6) > >>

CrazyG:
Out of interest this afternoon I had a 'trawl' on Autotrader
at any ForFour (454's) that were for sale.

:o  ???

Not a single Brabus for sale !
Only 2 CDI's...and few 1.3's..... in fact surprisingly few
of any model 454.  I'm wondering if a lot of owners have
decided to SORN them as they're possibly working from
home and not commuting.

Problemchild:
Mine is SORNed and has no MOT - and so is the wife’s BMW

Just been using the EV for the last 10months

JJ

Coverman:
These cars are too old in general to appear in Autotrader. Most are now in the old banger categorisation in people's minds hence you will find them advertised on Gumtree, Facebook, and similar. I haven't looked but I would think there afar fewer cars of any type being sold during lockdown than normally happens in  a January 

Bari87:
Hi,

as for the transmission it is a Gertrag and the first versions are not so bulletproof. The latest Number is 2500A224 from Mitsubishi which i have changed.

Of course in such old cars also the suspension parts are weak, on the front axle is everything easy to change. Rear axle is a sh*t work to change the two bearings/mountings. Mitsubishi sales the whole axle, which would be my choice on the next maintenance. Much easier.

Also almost every part that is "Brabus-speicific" is not available any more by Mercedes/Smart. So you will have problems getting parts especially interior/exterior etc. Everything that is Mitsubishi 4G15T/Gertrag etc is good available. Just tellin cause i'm doing a full restoration of my, since every Brabus car in germany is crap in our times / in year 2021.

Exhaust manifold will also by most broken leaky.

Be aware of guys that do only "chiptuning" maps etc on stock hardware. Even stock the exchaust system and intercooler is totally crap, with stupid position of catalyst etc. Since the car has no oil cooler you will strain engine with just "maping". When you have done a good job then engine will produce even with stock map much more torque. And as for mapping -> always custom progging on dyno AFTER you have done hardware modifications.

AS for 2021 i wouldnt recommend anybody to buy a Brabus, it is much easier buying a Colt CZT cause of production numbers and spare parts avalaibilty.

jmariog:
So now you have really mucked me up. Love my 1.5 AMT, retire in April want a brabus, then thinking diesel 454 as easy to play with to have more fun, then new laws, not worth investing in diesel car. Then OK go brabus. Now been told  no, also told will niss 6 speed box, which I love, with my paddle shift. So can I throw some money at my 1.5 looking for 10 to 15% more fun

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version