forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Amber Airbag warning light!  (Read 6148 times)

forfourfs

Amber Airbag warning light!
« on: June 09, 2018, 11:00:52 AM »

I have an amber airbag warning light on on my 05 1.1 ForFour pulse,should I be worried, or am I just driving a car with no airbag?.appreciate your help ;D

El Tel

• Spain - Barcelona
Re: Amber Airbag warning light!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 11:59:48 AM »

Hi forfourfs.

Get it checked immediately. I had the same a few months ago and my mechanic fixed it. Turned out to be a badly repaired cable.

You are probably just driving the car with no airbags, but in some cases (I believe) they could go off without warning. The light tells you there is a fault in the circuit somewhere.

It should not be expensive to get a garage to read the ODB2 codes and check the cables. Mine was sorted for 50€ all in.

One of the common causes is a loose cable under the seat, but don't touch it unless you disconnect the battery first. It's possible to set them off inadvertently.

If you want to continue driving it as it is, just make sure you don't put any child car seat in the front. An airbag going off there can be fatal.

Good luck.. I hope you get it sorted soon and nothing too expensive.
LHD 2004 Pulse 1.1l (VVT). Black on black - 100,000 km

mr singh

• Global Moderator
  • Leeds
Re: Amber Airbag warning light!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 02:37:46 PM »

continue driving it but in the event of an accident the airbags WILL NOT deploy and also it will invalidate your insurance. its an instant MOT fail and if plod pull you over they will possibly do you for it.

its part of the safety system and i would highly recommend getting it sorted out sooner rather than later!
Fortwo MK3 (2007-2010) Top speed 85 MPH. maxed* 98 MPH
Forfour 1.1 (2010-2015) Top speed 103 MPH. maxed* 110 MPH
Forfour 1.5 SB3 (2015>) Top speed 118 MPH. maxed* 122 MPH
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (11/21-06/22) never to be maxed
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (07/22>) Top speed 155MPH

*maxed in Germany