forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: parking ticket  (Read 8676 times)

forfor

• In the UK...somewhere !
parking ticket
« on: February 07, 2015, 08:22:32 PM »

hello

very bad day today, I hit my car (see my other post) and I got a parking ticket too!

is there anything I can tell them to cancel it?

thanks!

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
  • 100 smiles per gallon........... BRISTOL, UK
    • EVILUTION
Re: parking ticket
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 08:35:42 PM »

just pay it and suck it up - is it £30 if you pay it now??

i tried to get out of one while the missus was preggers and she wasn't feeling great and i just parked up outside the shop, went in and found her, helped her to the car and I had a ticket...... complained but no let off.

sometimes its easy just to pay tbh :(

JJ

gregk2

• Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 10:32:41 PM »

Depends who it was issued by. If it's a private PCN (Penalty Charge Notice) there's a chance you have a case to appeal. Post the letter up if you can, blanking out your personal details. Or, go on pepipoo http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60 for advice.
Brabus Forfour

forfor

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 10:36:55 PM »

that's cool that there is parking forum!
thanks! for the info!

Brabs

• 2x forfour, 1x 451, 1x Lomax 223 - Devon
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 10:55:58 PM »

Just pay up... and don't do it again!!  ;D
Open Your Mind... to a smart.
I did, to a generation 1 forfour 1.1 with 'Passion', a Silver generation 1 forfour 'Brabus' Xclusive and a fortwo 451 'night orange' edition ;~)

99%chimp

• Warrington
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 06:33:56 AM »

Only pay the ticket if it is issued by the Police or Council.

All other "tickets" issued by these cretinous parasite private parking companies are speculative invoices and are practically unenforceable.  Just ignore them.  Don't engage with them at all.

I have done this myself on several occasions.  The usually give up after sending you 3 letters.

The link above from greg gives you some pretty useful info on the subject.
Ex owner, lurking with intent

basilbrush

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 08:35:15 AM »

Depends on where and if you were at fault. Why would anybody just roll over and pay up if they weren't guilty of any contravention. I parked up in a side street a few years ago. The sign said Permit Holders Only or two hours no return within one hour. So I parked up and went to the Bank. When I returned fifteen minutes later there was a ticket on (PCN) £70 fine or pay £35 within two weeks. I walked up the road trying to find the cretin and saw a bloke parked up with a van doing work on somebody's house. I asked him about it and he said they're always doing you just have to appeal and they cancel it.
So there you have it blatant proof that they are target driven and rely on joe public paying up and not bothering to appeal. Yes I did get it cancelled after a month or so of hassle, but it made me angry at the time.
Of course if you know you parked in the wrong place at the wrong time or overstayed  then obviously pay and quite rightly feel foolish at chancing your luck and getting caught.

Brabs

• 2x forfour, 1x 451, 1x Lomax 223 - Devon
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 08:52:22 AM »

Yep, that's what I meant.
 :)
Open Your Mind... to a smart.
I did, to a generation 1 forfour 1.1 with 'Passion', a Silver generation 1 forfour 'Brabus' Xclusive and a fortwo 451 'night orange' edition ;~)

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
  • 100 smiles per gallon........... BRISTOL, UK
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 09:56:37 AM »

It's not quie that simple - there is so much missing signage or broken lines that the appeals panel has to admit regularly that it's not adequate enough and rescind the parking fines.....

But, if it's quite clear and you think you did wrong slightly then don't waste tax payers money and your own time by appealing everything.

As for not paying out to the private contractors, it's v easy to get a CCJ against you and that's your next mortgage application ruined. £50 fine paid or your next home put at risk - hmmmmm - easy life option for me please ;)

Just be careful where you park

JJ

forfor

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 11:01:54 AM »

Only pay the ticket if it is issued by the Police or Council.

All other "tickets" issued by these cretinous parasite private parking companies are speculative invoices and are practically unenforceable.  Just ignore them.  Don't engage with them at all.

I have done this myself on several occasions.  The usually give up after sending you 3 letters.

The link above from greg gives you some pretty useful info on the subject.

good to know, thanks!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 11:03:10 AM by forfor »

mr singh

• Global Moderator
  • Leeds
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2015, 11:21:55 AM »

my mum parked in a privately owned car park opposite st james hospital... where the pub blew up a few years back. she has a blue disabled badge and she parked there thinking it was part of the hospital/council car park next to it as there was no barrier between the 2, she got back and a parking ticket on the screen saying that she hadn't paid. me and my dad went back took pictures if the lack of info and barrier, fine was waved and the signs were changed, as well as a barrier dividing the 2 car parks.
Fortwo MK3 (2007-2010) Top speed 85 MPH. maxed* 98 MPH
Forfour 1.1 (2010-2015) Top speed 103 MPH. maxed* 110 MPH
Forfour 1.5 SB3 (2015>) Top speed 118 MPH. maxed* 122 MPH
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (11/21-06/22) never to be maxed
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (07/22>) Top speed 155MPH

*maxed in Germany

basilbrush

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2015, 12:07:48 PM »

You should always challenge what you think is unfair and a lot of the time you will win. JJ is right about the county court judgements as you can end up getting one in your absence and they are a devil of a job to get off your credit record.
I have some sympathy with the private car park owners. Companies like Currys, Staples, B&Q etc employ these companies to keep their car parking available for their customers. If they didn't the commuters going to London would fill their car parks all day. It doesn't take much effort to look for signs when you park and actually read them before you leave your car.
Ignoring private parking notices is up to the individual and they may or may not get away with it, but it doesn't really help anyone does it?
If the sign at Tescos for example says two hours parking don't act like a fool and go swanning off down the High street.