forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Smart 454 SpareParts Situation  (Read 5240 times)

Bari87

Smart 454 SpareParts Situation
« on: March 06, 2022, 03:48:55 PM »

Hi together,

i've been curious how the spare parts situation is in other countries. I have access to our Mercedes/Smart Online Catalog and almost everything from the 454 is declared as 'not produced' anymore. Some examples:

- Steering gear
- Brake lines
- Throttle body
- Button for electric window
- Almost everything at the outside like gums from the doors, roof etc
Etc

For the mechanic parts thanks god Mitsubishi has the most parts for a Colt VIN.

Has someone access to Online Catalog in his country and could maybe take a look? Just for interest. For example i bought a steering transmission last year to have replacement - now its not avalaible any more. Same with roof - my electrical sun roof, got it before two years, now not avalaible anymore.

I'm not talking about exterior/interior parts like Brabus Spoiler or door panels etc. Thats common even for mainstream models that they are not avalaible after few years.

Thanks god my restauration will be done next year with parts already bought, but its a little bit scaring/concerning. Since it whas susposed to be my Daily Driver. In reaction to that i raised my insurance in case that they are no parts available if something happend.

Thank you and best regards
Bari

*edited by Mr Singh. Less of the adult language. we are a public forum and please keep strong or adult language at bay!*
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 08:37:39 AM by mr singh »

Coverman

• Leeds
Re: Smart 454 SpareParts Situation
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 07:15:51 AM »

I found it impossible in December to buy Timing Belt kit from Mercedes or Mitsubishi for my Brabus.I was told by a Mitsubishi dealer that they now only stock any parts for currently produced models.Some  older parts are possible to get from Japan but at least 3 months notice is required.
454 Brabus & 1.3AMT

Bari87

Re: Smart 454 SpareParts Situation
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 09:22:42 AM »

Timing belt you can get anything you want within minutes, from Gates/SKF/Continental etc. Nothing to worry about. I have:

Belt kit SKF VKMA 95663
Water Pump SKF VKPC 95862
Herth+Buss J1145067 damper
Herth+Buss J5665003 Crankshaft Sensor

so absolutely everything you need for a complete belt change. Not talking about easy to get parts. Thats a 5 Minutes Google thing. No need for Mitsubishi/Smart Logo

I'm sure that l told you that already.

Yes Mitsubishi has most of mechanical parts, but l am talking for 454 specific parts which are not same for Colt Z30.
If its easier to understand what i mean, take a look at the picture attached. So if someone has also Daimler Access like me l would be curious if for example this part A4547350125 is also not available there / in his country. (I'm not needing it cause l already bought/replaced every outside gum/sealing etc from the car as part of restauration progess restoration process - its just a example for many not available parts for the 454)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 09:29:51 PM by Bari87 »