forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mitchturbo's Brabus forfour- weekly review.  (Read 16829 times)

Timelord Mitchturbo

• Timelord
Mitchturbo's Brabus forfour- weekly review.
« on: August 22, 2011, 08:26:24 PM »

Well its been a week of owning the Tardis-Brabus, so I've decided that I'll be doing a little review and notes about my experiences week by week, every Monday night  8)

First week of ownership:

Picture of Millage on the day I bought the Brabus:

Picture of Millage now:

As you can see I've added a few miles  :)
I've gotten more used to changing gears just at the right times, to save fuel per say, being very economical now.

So far I've hit the bottom of the fuel gauge with the trip computer showing 30-40 miles left in the tank when the petrol warning light came on. Because of this I had to do an emergency stop at a petrol station which only did 95 unleaded fuel. After filling up I did notice the difference in between the 98 and the 95, the Brabus has slowed down in performance IMHO...

Will defiantly be putting the better fuel in if I can now, the Brabus performance is worth it.
Somethings I've noticed is sometimes over driving over bumpy roads, my glass roof sometimes rattles (quite annoying) and if I drive slow, my fuel gauge prediction (the one showing me how many miles I've got to go before needing to refuel) on the trip computer sometimes goes up instead of down...

Apart from those little things, I'm loving her and loving the sub   woofer effect on my tunes, glad I purchased the Brab its been a luxury sitting behind the wheel.  ;D   

litefin

• Bbbrabus
Re: Mitchturbo's Brabus forfour- weekly review.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 09:31:38 PM »

That's how it works the less you use the Loud peddle the more miles u will get what ur mpg display for your current journey if you drive carefully u can get 45+ average mpg, press the right peddle and it drops big time
I recover broken down cars but never Smart forfour???

mr singh

• Global Moderator
  • Leeds
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 07:38:42 AM »

my mums 'W' reg 2.0 focus has a trip computer and one time it was showing about 20 miles just out side shefield i think it was and got home to leeds and id only lost 1 miles on the range. i did 419 miles that day and managed to get home on one tank of fuel. it all depends, as litefin has said, its all to do with throttle position. the more you press the less range, the less you press the more range you get... and to quote a well known meerkat phrase.... Simples ;)!
Fortwo MK3 (2007-2010) Top speed 85 MPH. maxed* 98 MPH
Forfour 1.1 (2010-2015) Top speed 103 MPH. maxed* 110 MPH
Forfour 1.5 SB3 (2015>) Top speed 118 MPH. maxed* 122 MPH
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (11/21-06/22) never to be maxed
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (07/22>) Top speed 155MPH

*maxed in Germany

Baggy

• xx Heart now pounding to a Forfour Brabus xx
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 05:13:13 PM »

Thats why my little 1.1 is pants at the moment cos i thrash it
hehe
x ;D
xx Heart 'was' beating with a 454 Pulse xx
    Now it's really poundin' with a 454 Brab !

Timelord Mitchturbo

• Timelord
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 07:56:58 PM »

2nd week now, nothing much to report other than I used 97 Total excellium earlier last week and then Essos 97 version yesterday... Still have to try Shells Vpower so looking forward to that.

Oh and I think It might be my ARM rest which is rattling, not my glass roof lol if I have it down in the back it sounds like my glass roof rattles, but I've had it up in the middle and it seems rattle free... Will have to keep checking on it to make sure though...

Brabus-Tardis is slightly dirty now, going to wash it soon, Alloys are looking gun metal grey now...

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
  • 100 smiles per gallon........... BRISTOL, UK
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 08:02:37 PM »

my arm rest squeaks when in the back :)

JJ

Timelord Mitchturbo

• Timelord
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 08:28:40 PM »

my arm rest squeaks when in the back :)

JJ

That's slightly reasuring mate, cheers!
I wonder why it does it?

GizzyWolf

• Horsham
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 08:29:07 PM »

2nd week now, nothing much to report other than I used 97 Total excellium earlier last week and then Essos 97 version yesterday... Still have to try Shells Vpower so looking forward to that.

You'll notice the difference!  We use Tesco Momentum 99 and had to put in BP 97 once - Will never use 97 ron again!!

mr singh

• Global Moderator
  • Leeds
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 06:09:12 PM »

i tried shell fuel saver for one fill and it was down on power, it didnt seam to pull on the motorway as it did on V-Power... but saying that its been filled with V-Power since i got it.

*maxed in Germany

Baggy

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 09:10:53 PM »

you put v power in your 1.1 ?

xx

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
  • 100 smiles per gallon........... BRISTOL, UK
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 09:44:23 PM »

Baggy........................ :)

i was only wondering where you were, how you were and was just logging back on to PM to make sure you were ok - hope you are :)

JJ

Baggy

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 10:34:07 PM »

Baggy........................ :)

i was only wondering where you were, how you were and was just logging back on to PM to make sure you were ok - hope you are :)

JJ

hiya yh i'm good thanks x just been a busy few months settling in being a mum of 4 plus a foster mum to 2 more .. so as u can imagine been a bit busy
looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday
xx
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 11:52:23 PM by Problemchild »

Timelord Mitchturbo

• Timelord
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 03:45:34 AM »

lol Been a slow week in the Brabus this time...

Actually kinda forgot it was Monday, slept in and arrived late for work at 11:00pm Hahaha

Been mostly driving Mrs Turbo's A class this week, been raggin it lol takes ages to get to 60mph, god... you don't realise how long it takes to 30mph but because it lacks rev when you hit the quiet-loud peddle you soon realise your doing 30mph but without the torque quite surprising... :) I love the light steering and light gear changes... Any how enough about the Baby-Benz, we're here to review how my BRABUS forfour has been through its third week as my new Tardis...

Fuel: None- Haven't needed to fill up once this week, been the most economical car on the road for a change.
Drag race: Against a mini cooper s class.
Winner: mini cooper s class.
Reason why: Because they were idiots lol.
How did I end up Racing: God knows! *Mitch slaps head in bemusement*

Having arrived at a set of traffic lights in town, I couldn't be a*sd to apply the hand break so I was finding the bitting point of my clutch and my loud foot was puring the Accelerator... Next thing I knew, this mini s pulled up aside me and started doing the same... Didn't make eye contact but I knew what I had let myself in for... Red... Amber... Green... Clutch up, accelerator down... Bang we were both off... Neck and Neck I was going slightly faster in second gear, Went to 30mph and I applied 3rd then fourth gear to slow down, bear in mind that it was only a 30mph road and there was a police station at the bottom of the road...
The next thing I knew was that my Opponent went zooming past me, must of still been in second gear for the power and I calculated that he must of been doing 50 almost 60mph by the time he went passed the Cop Shop!! Kids today eh?

I don't know, I'm getting to old...

I would of won you know... If we were on a duel carriage way or something lol... Just... According to Statistics of vehicle info... His might of been overclocked by a cheeky re-map though...
Anyhow I was In awe by the shear guts and what a good man for showing my Brabus up I guess...  :P

Also gave my Tardis-Brabus a good Hoover and a few more photos taken lol... Getting her washed this week, ready for the smartfest! :)

mr singh

• Global Moderator
  • Leeds
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 05:53:25 PM »

you put v power in your 1.1 ?

xx

yep filled up once with shell fuel saver and went on the motorway... didnt go aswell when it had V-Power! like i might have mentioned iv only put V-Power or similar fuels in since i bought it last year.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:50:02 AM by mr singh »

*maxed in Germany

Baggy

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 11:15:17 PM »

ooh i might fill up with tesco momentum 99 then before the drive down to brooklands - i have a 5p off litre voucher to use .. see how it goes
i fill up with BP ultimate now and again & think the engine is quieter but never noticed perfomace really as dont do the milage to notice
xx
Pages: [1] 2