forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bluetooth OBD scanner  (Read 11648 times)

djames108

• Oldham
Re: Bluetooth OBD scanner
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 11:55:11 AM »

Im not overly a*sd about all the satats etc I just want it for a diagnostic tool and to turn off eml when needed. Obviously for £12 its not going to anywhere near as good as a star machine for diagnosing etc but the basic stuff will make it worth it.

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
  • 100 smiles per gallon........... BRISTOL, UK
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 02:02:25 PM »

Funny you saying that.....
I always wanted a ScanGauge II...but in the end...I found eventually I hardly ever looked at it.

this is why i never bought an android phone - £50 was too much for a little bit of fun! my sis is upgrading her android soon though....

I just want a mini boost gauge - and if things look good, I may buy one and put it in a vent :)

JJ

djames108

• Oldham
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 08:13:44 PM »

My device arrived today won't work on my android tablet but got it working on the mrs phone.
After a bit of tinkering I got it working with bluetooth on my iphone, heres how I did it:

Phone needs to be jailbroken and have cydia installed:
First go to cydia and download RoqyBT4 and RoqyOBD4

You will see the 2 apps ticked in the below picture as there already installed on my phone

Next open RoqyBT & you will be presented with the following screen:

Go to configuration and copy the following options:

The app will then find your ELM327 device, click on it then it will give you a screen with an ip address (127.0.0.1) and port (35000)

For the OBD app to work you need to purchase a license through RoqyBT which is 5euro

To set up in Dashcommand app I went to settings and chose the following options for the OBD device and data port:

The app will then recognise the device and work :)
The setup will be slightly different for other OBD apps but as long as you choose the KIWI scanner and use IP 127.0.0.1 with port 35000 it should work

Pages: 1 [2]