Forum > Smart Festival (UK)

The Smart Festival Saturday 10th September 2011 (date confirmed)

(1/31) > >>

CrazyG:
Some people are already aware of the proposed date for this years forthcoming Smart Festival at Mercedes Benz World,
at Brooklands, Nr Weybridge in Surrey, but for those of you that didn't know...this is THE date and THE place for you to
turn up at in your ForFour.  :o

Times of the event have not as yet been formalised, but if it's ok with LadyV  I'd like her to take this post over
from this point on.   So...keep your eyes peeled for any updates and any possible 'pre-Festival' rendezvous info that can be
organised so that we can parade 'en-bloc' into the meet in as big a ForFour convoy as we can manage and steal the show
from all the other Smarts that will be there.   8)

For those that can and do....please spread the word about...(even onto FFO) as we're all part of the ForFour 'brotherhood'.

mr singh:
whats the catch if one enters ther 'best ...' competition?
im thinking of entering and have informed my sister of my plans... and i think she is liking my idea

Baggy:
look closely - it could be the 18th    ...noted...and date changed accordingly (CrazyG)   ;)

http://destinationsmart.co.uk/users/red5r/groups/view-group.cfm?grpid=127&type=2

xxx

Unknown:

--- Quote from: mr singh on March 21, 2011, 07:21:52 AM ---whats the catch if one enters ther 'best ...' competition?
im thinking of entering and have informed my sister of my plans... and i think she is liking my idea

--- End quote ---

Basically you won't win because you don't have a smart, it'll be sneered at and ignored. Sorry to be harsh but thats the truth, it has to be a fortwo or roadster that is in original condition, well not modified to large extent ie no engine swaps etc... usually some tacky knitting or stickers wins the competition.

I won't be attending the smart fest, too boring and repetitive.

LadyV:
Hi All,

Firstly the sooner we know about which date for the Smart Festival the better- September is a pretty busy month for me work wise and the only weekend I have off is the 3rd and 4th and the 11th of September.

If the Festival is on another weekend, I might not be able to come along- I think I have pretty much used up most of my holiday time what with the wedding and the honeymoon so I am not sure if I can take a day off yet.

For the past two years I have entered my car into the "Best Kept" category- not because I think my car is the best but because I like the fact that I can represent the ForFour, however after some thought I have decided not to enter any competition (even though the parking is the best lol)- I felt after last year that it was a little bit...hmmm how can I put this...fixed?! Especially in a certain category But that's a different story altogether!

Sam- why don't you come along to meet up with all of us rather than just for the Smart Festival? I am sure it will be great to catch up with some friends?

I am happy to take over the meeting arrangements but as mentioned above I need to know the exact date before I can commit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version