forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: An interesting find...  (Read 5681 times)

funkydoodycool

• Life's short and too hard like a body-building elf
    • funkydoodycool's website
An interesting find...
« on: February 12, 2012, 05:09:09 PM »

So today I was looking at my sliding rear seats, to make more space in the back.  I didn't realise how much they moved!  Now my boot is TINY, but at least someone can sit comfortably in the rear.

Whilst messing with that, I found something taped up against the inside of the boot, connected to some venty looking bits just below the boot catch (probably leading to the flappy exhaust vents mentioned in my dead animal smell thread elsewhere...)

At a glance it looked like one of those exhaust "turbo" whistles I posted earlier, except that it was inside the boot... so I got my handy little LED torch and had a good look.

It's a cigarette lighter socket!  In the boot!

I really can't think what use it could be... except maybe to power a camping fridge full of soft drinks at our first meet in the summer....

------

nomad8459

• Jack Black Is Funny!
Re: An interesting find...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 05:22:21 PM »

Interesting, don't think I have come across this, does it look like someone has retro fitted it?

Can you photograph where it is?

Depending where it comes from and its current rating could maybe power an amplifier with it? Obviously not a huge one but a reasonably powered one.
SMART ForFour 1.3i 16V Mivec Soft-touch Passion in Jack Black and Silver - Bobster

CrazyG

• Owner of 3x 454 + 3x ForTwo !
  • Administrator
  • London Heathrow airport area.
    • S2smarts
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 05:22:44 PM »

A good find there mate....can always find a use for a cigarette lighter power supply in the back...
Run a portable DVD for back seat pax rather than have lead trailing from front ciggie socket..
or as you said...to power a tyre inflator for the rear tyres...again saves trailing leads from front..
or....the best suggestion yet that you made...to run a wee fridge for some cool drinks in the summer.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 05:23:18 PM by CrazyG »
454 - Brabus (mapped, Willwood brakes, coilovers etc etc)
454 - Passion CDi 95hp (manual, full Brab body kit, coilovers etc)
454 - Passion 1.3 (manual, Brab body kit, lowered etc) [SORN'd]
451 - Pulse Turbo [my daily drive] (mapped, coilovers etc)
450 - 'Widestar' Passion 700cc [SORN'd]

funkydoodycool

• Life's short and too hard like a body-building elf
    • funkydoodycool's website
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 06:40:55 PM »

Its definitely retrofit - its just against the rear wall of the boot - not recessed or anything.

I suppose it would be useful for something one day, now I know it's there!

------