forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Parts INFO COSTS  (Read 7446 times)

cosminnedelcu

• Be Smart ! Be U !
    • SMARTFAN
Parts INFO COSTS
« on: June 03, 2010, 02:55:03 PM »

I was thinking that I see a lot of good things for our cars, but many times people don't respond to my email's
or they just see from where it's coming and they refuse to answer. A lot of people ignore my email's because
I am from RO :(

I'd like for someone from here to contact for example :

- Tarox - to ask if the braking kit with 6 pistons is costing 2000 pounds and if they have discs rotors and kits that
   can fit from 15" inch wheels up
- KSport - also like this if they have for us 4x114.3 the kit in stock and if the coilover kit fit for us or for Colt.
- Powerflex - I ask only 1 time and they answer offer 2 weeks and they told me that they will think if they will
  start to produce bushes for our cars
- TRW - to ask them if the kit from the SBR model (disc, caliper, all the brake system), they have it on sale, or if they
   can give us a choice for a upgrade for brakes (4 piston caliper, disc rotor drilled or slotted), etc.

Many times the tuning websites are putting brands on the web-page, but in reality they don't have that product
because they don't produce that .
I hope that all of you understand me and what I want.
Like this we can see for sure which parts we can choose from the market.

Tks
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 05:55:40 PM by CrazyG »
Air is drawn into the cylinder of a diesel engine and compressed by the rising piston at a much higher compression ratio than for a spark-ignition engine, up to 25:1. The air temperature reaches 700-900 C, or 1300-1650 F.

evilution

• Administrator
    • evilution
Re: Parts INFO COSTS
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 05:11:06 PM »

When I enquire about anything outside my country I find the best thing to do is tell them as little as possible.
Get yourself a .com email address and even lie and say that you have moved to the country that they are in.
I find that most companies don't reply to emails no matter where you are from.

basilbrush

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 06:43:17 PM »

Welcome to the wonderful ways of British business Cosmin. A lot of companies here are afraid of exports and the paperwork and knowledge involved and some are just plain lazy.
I phoned for a quote for a full stainless exhaust system, but nobody phoned me back.
I can only comment on your Powerflex question. If you're referring to rear axle bushes from what I've seen underneath normal type replacement bushes aren't an option.
The supporting bars are moulded in and at the moment it seems to be a full replacement axle has to be fitted'
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:48:14 PM by CrazyG »

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
  • 100 smiles per gallon........... BRISTOL, UK
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 07:56:40 PM »

It's not just the uk........USA too!

I emailed wilwood brakes to ask about their kit that could possible fit the BRAB! I asked if there were any dimensions, part numbers etc that would help identify suitability
as I was looking to buy !!

Nada !! Not a peep !! That was about 5 weeks ago !!!!!

Seems as though people want to sell stuff, but don't want to put any sort of effort in these days :(

JJ

« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:49:36 PM by CrazyG »

cosminnedelcu

• Be Smart ! Be U !
    • SMARTFAN
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 08:28:13 PM »

Welcome to the wonderful ways of British business Cosmin. A lot of companies here are afraid of exports and the paperwork and knowledge involved and some are just plain lazy. I phoned for a quote for a full stainless exhaust system, but nobody phoned me back.
I can only comment on your Powerflex question. If you're referring to rear axle bushes from what I've seen underneath normal type replacement bushes aren't an option. The supporting bars are moulded in and at the moment it seems to be a full replacement axle has to be fitted'

I receive an email from Powerflex, and I asked about all the bushes from the front of the car, control arm, direction bush from the power steer, stability bush for the
stability bar etc, and I also give them a picture drawing and with measurements , and they told me that they know but if the demand is not high enough they will not
be produced because Mercedes did not give them the "matrita" , the piece that you can build on it.

I was afraid that only to Europe RO this is happening :( there is not a law that forces the seller to answer , like a consumer law protection ? Here we have, but is not working :P
Many times I ask myself WHY they make them if they don't put a price and details about that product.
Dimensions , PCD, thickness, offset, caliper size , caliper pistons, which pad dimension fit etc... this is for brakes because like this you can choose which one you want.
On coilovers they have to right the bolts on the top of the coilover, dimension, and at least 5 car models that they fit.

I hope that all of you can understand my frustration because you want to BUY and they don't sell it, by not giving you the details to convince you to buy.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:55:04 PM by CrazyG »
Air is drawn into the cylinder of a diesel engine and compressed by the rising piston at a much higher compression ratio than for a spark-ignition engine, up to 25:1. The air temperature reaches 700-900 C, or 1300-1650 F.