forfour.co.uk

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 3 months in + a couple of questions  (Read 7174 times)

99%chimp

• Warrington
3 months in + a couple of questions
« on: August 29, 2014, 01:56:46 PM »

Hey Guys

Had the forfour nearly 3 months now and loving it.  Really neat little car and spot on for what I wanted.  Will probs see more use now summer seems to be over and the roadie is safely tucked away in the garage.

Sailed through it's MOT last week with no issues/advisories.

Couple of quick questions for you experts.  :)

As part of my "brabby-wannabe" look I'm going to remove those fruity "passion" badges on the door pillar and also put a proper brabus badge on the boot.  Do you have any good recommends for where to buy these? 

The missus ordered some on eBay but they never arrived and the seller didn't respond to any requests for info after 2 months... ended up with getting a refund thru eBay.

Also, do you have any experience with Heko wind deflectors?  My front drivers side one departed when I was driving down the M62.  I've never bothered with them before but thought they were pretty cool until that happened.  Should I replace or is there another recommended brand?

Ta for now!  :)
Ex owner, lurking with intent

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
  • 100 smiles per gallon........... BRISTOL, UK
    • EVILUTION
Re: 3 months in + a couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 05:13:04 PM »

Hi - team Heko are the best - you probably lost one of the metal retaining clips. It's only £30 for a full set and use 3 on the fronts instead of the 2.

The passion badges just peel off and eBay is ok but your local smart garage will have them for very little ££.

Glad it sailed through the mot ;)

JJ

mr singh

• Global Moderator
  • Leeds
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 08:54:49 PM »

As part of my "brabby-wannabe" look I'm going to remove those fruity "passion" badges on the door pillar and also put a proper brabus badge on the boot. Do you have any good recommends for where to buy these? 

could i ask why you ask such an obvious question? your local Smart (Mercedes) dealer will have them and they wont be as much as the ones on ebay... the parts on ebay more often than not are more expensive than the parts from the dealer. ALWAYS try the dealer first, you might surprise yourself.
Fortwo MK3 (2007-2010) Top speed 85 MPH. maxed* 98 MPH
Forfour 1.1 (2010-2015) Top speed 103 MPH. maxed* 110 MPH
Forfour 1.5 SB3 (2015>) Top speed 118 MPH. maxed* 122 MPH
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (11/21-06/22) never to be maxed
Jaguar XF S 3.0TDV6 (07/22>) Top speed 155MPH

*maxed in Germany

gregk2

• Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 10:07:54 PM »

Brabus stickers that go on outside door pillars are £5.90 each from Mercedes. (I had to replace one)

But i have to add, i don't advise putting Brabus badges on a passion, in the same way i don't advise people with BMW 318's put "M" badges on. De-badge by all means, put brabus parts on, but IMO badging something as something that it's not is a bad move.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 10:23:42 PM by gregk2 »
Brabus Forfour

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 01:53:35 AM »

Hmmmm - half agree BUT if you buy a 525d msport like I did is covered with ///M badges......

The ///M is not the model but the tuning of the basic car.

Just as BRABUS is the tuning of the stock car. And that can range from engine to wheels and gear stick ;)

Go for it ;)

JJ

99%chimp

• Warrington
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 04:28:19 AM »

Thanks for the answers guys.  Guess I will have a think before badging it up then.

could i ask why you ask such an obvious question? your local Smart (Mercedes) dealer will have them and they wont be as much as the ones on ebay... the parts on ebay more often than not are more expensive than the parts from the dealer. ALWAYS try the dealer first, you might surprise yourself.

I actually had a really bad experience taking my roadster to the Warrington Merc dealer and based on that just assumed they would be a rip off.  Thanks for the tip though. :)
Ex owner, lurking with intent

gregk2

• Lincolnshire
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 06:35:55 AM »

Hmmmm - half agree BUT if you buy a 525d msport like I did is covered with ///M badges......

The ///M is not the model but the tuning of the basic car.

I mean using either M3 or M5 badges (Real M cars) , rather than just the M sport badge.
Brabus Forfour

Problemchild

• BRABUS Owner
  • Administrator
    • EVILUTION
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 08:56:40 AM »

Ah but the ///M badge is the same no matter what car but I know what you mean.

#Justsaying that if you have £3000 worth or BRABUS accessories on your car, then why shouldn't you be allowed to put a BRABUS badge on ;)

JJ